• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

some questions..

isobel84

Reaction score
:blush:

Does your bump have to drop before you give birth?
and why does it drop?:whistle:

Do you have to loose your plug before labour? And whats the diference between loosing your plug and having a show? :oooo:

when you have contractions.. is it only painful at the bottom of your tummy like period pains or can it start on the top of your tummy too? :eh:

If i think my contraction has started do i call my MW or do i wait to they are regular before i call? and will she ask me to come in for a check up or tell me to stay home?
( my sister got told to stay at home and then her OH called back up and said NO WE ARE COMING IN and they said NO POINT. they did go in anyway and my sister was 10cm dilated already :shakehead: )

im thinking like this.. if my bump has not droped, i have not had any jelly in my knicks can i still go in to labour at any time or is it no chance if there is no signs first?

I really go think that it deoends on women to women. I have been talking to lots of freinds recently about what happened to them. One girl had her show/Mucus plug 3 days after DD and gave birth the next day. Another freind just started getting period type pain which gradually got stronger, no water or show untill she was well into labour!

As for calling the midwife, I think that there is no harm in calling when you REALLY think it is it to warn the them that when they become unbearable and and more frequent then you will be coming in! Ive ben diagnoised with GBS so I am going to call them as soon as just so they take me in with enough time to administer the anbiotics...etc.

With Labour I think anythin can happen....

:)

Great questions Evelina, I will be watching out for the answers too, as will be going to 39 weeks this time, and the thought of going into natural labour worrys me, without knowing what to expect

I had most of my contractions in my back which spread round to my bump!! I don't remember "dropping" with Lacey but it was 4 years ago lol!! I lost the plug about 2 weeks before I had Lacey but had a bloody show while in labour about 2 hours before I had her! When I went into labour, my mum phoned the hospital to warn them but said we wasn't going to come in until contractions were regular!! I think I got all your questions lol

I don't remember dropping with DD but it was 6 years ago! I struggle to remember what I had for breakfast! Lol! Dropping can indicate engagement but it's not definate as some babies drop without engaging and some engage before dropping! Lol!

My contractions started out as period pain that came in waves across the lower half of my bump. As they got stronger they spread to all over my bump and the pain was radiating round from my back to my front.

I had my bloody show whilst I was in labour and the midwives broke my waters whilst I was in labour so you don't have to of had either before going into labour.

Regarding phoning the delivery suite/midwife/hospital, the advice is generally to wait until the contractions are strong and about 5 minutes apart otherwise you could go in and be sent home as they won't accept you until you're 4cm dilated (I think) as this is classed as full labour. Also there's not much they can do before you reach 4cm, the only pain relief they'll give you at that point is paracetamol which you can take at home.

thanks you! so it can all kick of at any time there dont have to be any signs atall really..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back