Some HV's are great!

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
I went along to the Baby weight in clinc yesterday it's situated in the community centre close to my house which is brilliant for me :dance: ( by the way Colliers is a lovely healthy 20lb 80z :D )
The Hv was so welcoming and friendly she talked to me for ages getting to know me and Collier a bit and asking questions :)
Thier policy is to teach you to self weight your child so if all you came for it that you can do it and leave.
This mean the HV's can concentrate on talking to the Mums if they need advice i think this is a great idea :D :D
In Kent the line of Mums waiting for thier turn was always long and you felt you were being rushed. So asking questions you got quick short replies, felt like we were on a conveyer belt :roll: .
The HV is coming to my house next Thursday to talk more about Colliers night time sleeping problems which i appreciate.
She gave me tips to try to combat his night coughing and how to get him to sleep through longer :pray: some of them work!

Just thought id share my postive HV story :D

I was thinking of posting about my positive experience with my HV's too! They have been so supportive throughout my failure to breastfeed for longer than a week, and have always come out if im struggling (which i do tend to be a fair bit! :( )

I had Ollie weighed yesterday and said i'm having problems getting him to sleep on his own, and not on me, even though he used to sleep fine. So now i have her and her colleague coming out! A part of me came home thinking i should just keep my mouth shut and get on with it as i always seem to be having problems but then i realised its best to ask and get some help!

I cant praise mine enough to be honest.

Claire x

Mine are great too! My old ones I had with my first 3 were horrid! But my news ones are fab!
So helpful, never judgemental ( :shock: :shock: ) I like them!
She came to weigh Lola on Wednesday (13lbs 3oz) and chat about weaning etc and she couldnt say enough to call her if I needed any help or had a question!! She said it about 10 times heehee I have a team! Theres about 6 altogether though I have one main HV called Michelle!

I agree! My HV is fab, she is so happy to help me whenever I need it :D

that's great sarah...i agree it's great when hv are helful and supportive.
:D

I'm glad you've got such good care there if you need it :)

Our HV arnt great tbh, i think they try to come across as friendly but i took Tally to be weighed last monday (17lb14oz woo) and i literally pass them my red book, strip her, they weigh her, i dress her, they tell me her weight is fine and walk off. Last time i asked about getting her to sleep more by herself i was told to just let her cry by herself. And i heard them talking to a women who was having difficulty BFing as she and baby had been ill and they never once asked her if she wanted to try and maintain BFing they jsut told her it was better to switch to formula (i decided to ignore it, but i really wanted to but it and actually ask the women what she wanted to do and offer advice)

So anyway, i think i may move to where some of you other guys are!! Actually where we live now we should be going to another doctors surgery, so i may take her up there to be weighed next month, just to test it out and see if they're any more helpful. Nice to know there are HV out there who are good at their jobs

My HV is great too. She never tells you what you should and shouldnt do. She will just talk and give advice and share experiences from her other families and her own children. I cant pronounce her name for the life of me tho :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back