Some advice from my friend.....

BabyBrain

Reaction score
So the other night a friend of mine who's daughter is 6 months old chewed my OH's ear off about labour lol. But she did come up with something that made good sense.....

Get your birth partner to pack your hospital bag!

She said her OH didn't have a clue where anything was when she asked for it and they ended up having a row mid-push when she asked for a wet flannel and he couldn't find it lmao. Knowing her OH I could well imagine how stressed he was getting and they are both quite fiery anyway.

Just thought I'd share cos this made a lot of sense to me xxxxxxxxx

We were advised this in antenatal classes!! Great tip x

I'd not really thought about this, but all my hospital stuff didn't fit in one bag, so I have a hospital bag with clothes, toiletries etc, and then a labour bag which has stuff like flannels, fan, snacks etc in it, so not too much stuff for him to search through.

Xxx

I packed the bag myself but then went through the contents with him

I'd never thought of this! I had stuff in more than one bag and it took OH forever to find anything (and while trying he pulled most stuff out and stuffed it back in so it was even more of a mess!)
Great idea x

I thought about this! I've packed it myself, but planning on talking through and showing him where things are.. Guess I should do that sooner rather than later :p

I have gone through mine while I was packing it with the other half. He also has been shown where all the baby stuff is to ensure that if I need anything else brought up he knows where to find it. I only did it cos hes such a dope!!!!!

I didn't use a single thing from my bag during my whole labour, it sat in the corner of my room the whole time!! Good idea though! x

I have gone through mine while I was packing it with the other half. He also has been shown where all the baby stuff is to ensure that if I need anything else brought up he knows where to find it. I only did it cos hes such a dope!!!!!

Hahahaha my OH is very organised but when panic sets in he falls apart :D. I'll be lucky if he doesn't drive to the hospital and leaves me at home lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back