• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sold my dads phone on ebay!!

jenna

Reaction score
and got £70ish for it. I put on the description that it was broken (doesnt hold charge) but this women won it and emailed me this!!....

"
Hi,
How are doing today? I will be very happy if you can send the item to africa through royalmail and i will pay extra shipping postage so, that my daugther can be able to recieve it.The shipping postage to africa is 20pounds....Kindly send me the invoice as soon as possible so, that the payment can be made through Paypal Confirmation which will be sent into ur mailbox.Immediately you recieve it make sure you send the item through royalmail so, you can be able to send the tracking number to customer service for verification.As soon as the tracking number is verified your account will be credited immediately.I will send you the shipping address so, you can be able to send the item to my daugther.

Here Is The Shipping Address Below:
Olaosebikan Lanre
Shop10,Ogba Retail Market
Ikeja
Lagos
Nigeria

Best Regards,

Melissa"

Im going to kill some one if she leaves bad feed back! i dont think she speaks good english and probebly doesnt know its broken! :evil:

Vicki83 said:
:rotfl: Have you mailed her back jenna?
no i didnt know what to say! i just sent the invoice and hope she paid for the damn thing!! :evil: she has no feed back and has only been a member since the day she feckin bidded on it!

jenna said:
Vicki83 said:
:rotfl: Have you mailed her back jenna?
no i didnt know what to say! i just sent the invoice and hope she paid for the damn thing!! :evil: she has no feed back and has only been a member since the day she feckin bidded on it!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: feck me!

why do people who are just bidding for fun just bid on our stuff :evil: GRR!
Took me 2 weeks to get the other foreign women to pay for my phone!! its getting silly now!

Jenna, don't sell the fone to her. honestly ive had experience with bidder from nigeria who join the same day and have no feedback. they are SCAMMERS, they will probably not pay or retract the payment and get you to send to phone. I think your making a big mistake if you sell it to her, by the way go back and check if she still has her account as most of them close their accounts after winning auctions. It happened when my OH was selling his PSP.
just make sure when you are selling stuff on ebay that you wont ship abroad, or to certain countries (nigeria) or you wont sell to those with zero or negative feedback.

little*red said:
Jenna, don't sell the fone to her. honestly ive had experience with bidder from nigeria who join the same day and have no feedback. they are SCAMMERS, they will probably not pay or retract the payment and get you to send to phone. I think your making a big mistake if you sell it to her, by the way go back and check if she still has her account as most of them close their accounts after winning auctions. It happened when my OH was selling his PSP.

her accounts still there. The guy that was 50p less than her has 100% + feedback and probebly would be less hassle to just give it him. I dont really understand what that email even says :rotfl:

jenna said:
little*red said:

her accounts still there. The guy that was 50p less than her has 100% + feedback and probebly would be less hassle to just give it him. I dont really understand what that email even says :rotfl:

telll that man he can have the phone then tell the nigerian woman to fook off.

You should maybe just email her back and say you cant post it to her :? . the guy that won my OH's auction, claimed he was from some charity and that we should send over the PSP for a charity auction (without him paying! :rotfl: ) once you let them know your on to them they dont hassle you.
you can tell ebay they are a non payer and you wont have to pay the final value fee.

i think sami had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.

weve done a second chance offer. so its on a buy it now for 24 hours at £65. I dont think she knew it was broken or she was scamming us...either way im not happy for her to get it! :evil:

Don't send it to her!!!!!

Not being funny but read that Email again, it says basically that the money won't go to your account until you have posted it!!! she wants the tracking number for cash to be realeased

If i was You i wouldn't send it, send a copy of Email to ebay and see what they say

I think you will get stung if you send it as you will have paid for P+P before getting money off her

I agree is its a scammer - report her to ebay.
She want to pay after its been sent, so you will never see any money for it.
Thats why theres no feed back or other bids,
I alway sell to uk people its easier than overseas

Definitely steer clear from her, ebay is swamped with people like this, usually buy expensive elctrical item - mobiles/cameras/playstations etc, then when you have posted they send the money - as if! They get the item and don't pay for it, then close their ebay account, and nothing can be done for you and you lost the phone/whatever!

Check out the discussion boards on ebay - full of people who have fallen for the scam, or people warning others about this. In future, put in your advert that you will only sell to UK. I only sell to UK & USA (as USA have always been buyers for me and I've never had a prob) - def don;t ever post anything to Nigeria, and never use a money payment outside ebays recommendations (steer clear of anyone who wants to pay through Western Union)

I cant beileve some of you dont know about those scams yet? They have been going around for AGES now! Have been on watchdog newspapers etc...

Its not that she didnt know it was broken...she wouldnt of paid for it...its most likely not even a she

DEFINITLY a scam, have had so many of these with the exact same wording as your email. I always reply and say .... " i will NOT be sending this item to you, piss off you timewatser. " etc etc
then sure enough the next day when you check they are "no longer a registered user"
They never leave any feedback! these scammers always bid up too something stupid, like when my OH sold his psp the bid went up to something daft like £500 !! and when we saw that the winning bidder was new to ebay and had no feedback etc we were just waiting for the scam email to some through.....yep 5 mins later it did ! grrrrrrr gets me soooo mad !

Dont send it. I had exacly the same with my old phone. They bidded 320 pounds for it even though you could buy it for 100. brand new.They wanted me to send it to nigeria too. If you put in a unpaid dispute to ebay and report them for using incorrect details to register(Theyre probably said theyre from united states on their profile.) you may get your fees back.

xx

shes now an unregisterd user! lol her 2nd email was hilarius! ill post it on here as soon as i get home. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back