Another Ebay idiot!!!!

choklatemunky

Reaction score
I hate ebay atm too!

I bought a baby top for 99p and got charged £2.45 postage (which was clear on the listing, so fair enough I guess - I thought it might be thicker than normal and so a little heavier and also was expecting it would be packed in a jiffy bag or similar which obviously cost money to buy). However, it took 15 days from when I paid by paypal to arrive.....or at least 'partially' arrive..........

It had no bloody postage on it at all! so now, after paying £2.45 to the seller for postage for an item that cost £0.42 in ACTUAL postage, I now owe the post office £1.42 (42p plus thier usual £1 fine)! bloody £3.87 for 42p worth of postage - I mean, I'm all for sellers putting on a bit extra for packaging and getting to the post office to post etc - but £3.45 extra? really?!

Plus, the item was only in plastic bag not a jiffy - which to me doesn't jusitfy the extra money on top of the actual postage from the start anyway!

I had emailed the seller to ask where it was the day before the PO left the card at my house telling me I owed them money before I could get the parcel. I got a reply from the seller saying that she had proof of postage, by coincidence, on the same day that I had the card through the door. The seller has accused me of lying saying that I am making it up and that its 'strange' I got the card the same day she confirmed she has proof of postage and that it had taken so long to arrive...........errr no, its just that I waited patiently for so long before I chased and it happened to finally turn up the day you emailed.....it was so bloody late being delivered because the postage wasnt on it - muppet!

I said that perhaps the postage sticker had come off the parcel but that I didnt think it was fair that I had to pay even more........plus she should be able to claim the fine back if she does have proof of postage......but she said she wasnt going to be out of pocket so wasnt going to pay the fine.........I said I would reclaim it if she sent me the proof of postage, as I can't claim anything back without her help, but she is now ignoring me!!!! I'm so mad, no its not much money but its the bloody principle - I paid for her to get it to my house and she hasnt.............

What do I do now........we both have 100% feedback and I don't want to ruin her feedback for what is probably the post offices mistake rather than hers (if she does have proof of postage she must have paid the measley 42p right?) but I dont want to have to pay nearly 4quid to get a 99p item delivered to me which should have only cost 42p to get to me anyway!!!!!

I dont think I can file an 'item not received' thingy as I know where it is - its at the P/O - but why should I pay the fine when Ive already paid for postal fees?

I did ring the P/O who said they wont cancel the fine but will consider a refund if there is proof the fee was paid.......but I dont have that proof and I can't get it - if I dont pay and dont collect the item its meant to get returned to sender, but she hasnt put a return address on it (I went to the P/O to see it so I could figure out what it was before I paid). This means it will get sent to their 'lost' centre and opened to see if there is anything that idenitifies who sent it inside it, which there wont be...so I won't get the item....ever, and she won't care as she's already got my money.

Help, before I get myself all worked up about it again!

I would leave her a negative - don't worry about her 100% because she's not helped you as much as she should. It's not rocket science to send the proof of posting. She can't neg you in return.

If she didn't send recorded/special delivery then she has no proof the item has been delivered as required by PayPal. You'd probably win an item not received dispute.

I can't see a way out of it to be honest hun without the proof.

I am also sick of some sellers on there.

I bid for an item which said the postage was £3.50 (nothing to say it could be upped) and she come back saying it was £4.50, cheek.
She said it was for the bubble wrapping but she knew what she was selling so why add it on at a later date?

I give her negative feedback as I felt this was agaist ebay rules(which I found it is).

Hun you may just have to let this one go.

Don't worry about ruining her feedback, she could at least help you out and send the proof of postage or even suggest paying half or something, being rude and ignoring you is just as bad so contact ebay and complain!

I'm not sure your going to win to be honest hun, i'd just leave her negetive feedback and not buy from her again!

I hate that too

Some people r idiots

I always but my P&P at a fair price and sometimes it comes to over what I thought but I don't ask the buyer for the difference.

And there's no way a baby's top would cost that much for P&P! I have babys things for sale just now and the P&P is at £1

I would ask to see the proof of postage, tell her its so you can get the fine refunded, ask for a scan or a photo of it.

42p is a large letter first class postage stamp. No way will she have proof of postage as she can only have that if she has sent it recorded or special delivery.

Open a claim in Paypal, it will take a while as they are very slow but it will be awarded your way. Also leave her negative feedback she deserves it.

Urchin said:
I would ask to see the proof of postage, tell her its so you can get the fine refunded, ask for a scan or a photo of it.

Iwould do this! Ask again and if she ignores you then leave negative as tbh I have sold things on Ebay and if this happened to me I would go out of my way to help the buyer as I would be gutted to think that someone thinks I ripped them off! (I had a stupid women once who bought some jeans off me, left feedback saying she recieved them, i threw away the proof of postage, she then after a few weeks messaged me saying she didnt recieve them and paypal gave her her money back!? :shock: Shocking!) But yeh she should be trying to help you more as I did with this women!
You can have proof of postage on items not recorded! So if she is telling the truth, why not just show it to you!?

I would file an item not received dispute because you havent received it. Sure, its most likely the item at the post office but because of the lack of appropriate postage, you havent received it. Thats the sellers problem not yours.

If it happened to me I would refund the buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back