*sobs* I'm STILL here

Little Bump

Reaction score
My contractions are too irregular for anything overly exciting to be happening, despite being damned painful now :(

They got to 5 minutes apart and lasting a minimum of 47 seconds for ages, as I wanted to be sure before calling the hospital. Called them and they said to go in. Got my bits and bobs together and suddenly realised there were no more cotractions :? 25 minutes later had a small one, then they went all over the place and speaking to the labor ward was told I could go in but would probably get given paracetamol and sent home again :wall:

I was up all night and here's how my contractions were frequenting in minutes;

5, 5, 5, 11, 11, 7, 4, 13, 6, 19, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 12.....

Pretty irregular but close enough to have me pacing, rocking, crawling, writhing....

They then stopped about 10am, after OH had taken the day off work as I was in tears at 6am begging him not to leave me alone :oops: I must admit by this point I was relieved they'd stopped. I know they need to keep going in order for LO to come but I was so tired, drained, I'd been in agony since the previous day but wasn't making any progress.

I managed an hour and 5 minutes sleep before another pain woke me full force and I've had these same irregular contractions, the closest being 5 minutes apart and the furthest being 19 minutes ALL DAY. I could honestly sit and sob, but if I start I don't think I'd stop. Spoke to the hospital again and they're not overly concerned, said first babies can do this for days, plus I'm booked in 8pm tomorrow (wednesday) night anway for induction.

So at this rate not only does it look like I'll end up being induced but I'll have spent the three days prior to it in agony, and I so wanted to get organised here before I went, but I don't get long enough inbetween pains to do anything.

Oh, and OH has to go to work tomorrow as we need the money and he doesn't qualify for paid paternity leave as he hasn't worked there long anough and is having to use holidays so we get money while he's off, so I have to be alone tomorrow :cry: :(

Awww hun same with my OH and ther not quite being there long enough for paternity so using holiday !! You must be soo frustrated i know im going mad and thats without any indicators that labour might be happening !!!

Good luck for tomorrow im not being induced til Sunday but i cant bleeding wait !!! :hug: :hug:

Thanks and good luck for sunday :hug:

I've been dreading induction but tbh I want it over with now.

My contractions have noticably strengthened and also changed slightly, settling at 11 minutes for the past four...maybe we're starting properly now? I just feel so disheartened that I've had all this pain but no progression, that's what getting me, I'm sure they're significant somehow, but I feel as though they're pointless.

Good Luck xx Dont get dishearted things will hopefully progress Very soon for you, hope your not in pain for too much longer xx

Oh bless you you poor thing :(
Wont be long hun, i know everyone says that but it really wont be so hang on in there and try to stay positive :hug:

Aww, sweetie. I really feel for you as i know this must be really upsetting. She's certainly giving you the run around isn't she.

Good luck for tonight. At least it'll be the final stretch and she'll be here soon.

Oh Sam sweetie!! :( :hug: Please don't feel disheartened... I had contractions a couple of days before my induction too and it's tiring, I know... But, they're doing something. Mine got me to 3cm dilated! :cheer: I'm sure yours are doing something very similar!

Hopefully the increase in contractions will be moving you along EVEN further, it's not unheard of for women to go into labour on the day they're due to be induced :wink:

I'm so sorry you have to go it alone tomorrow, that's really horrible. :hug: Will be thinking of you, can't wait to see pics of Sydnee! Rest well tonight and REALLY wish you all the best for tomorrow hun! Good luck!! :cheer: xxx

Hope all went ok little bump. I was also booked in to be induced yesterday but postponed it to saturday but i havent had any strong labour signs like you... i hope all went/is going well. Im thinking of you. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back