So upset!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
After 5 days of struggling to breast feed my breasts have made the decision to stop!

We did so well in hospital, and despite only getting 1-2 hours sleep a night I was absolutely determined to continue, and was absolutely loving being able to feed my son!

Unfortunately overnight yesterday horredous breast engorgement set in, making my nipples very hard, and almost invert due to the immense swelling. For the last 36 hours I have continued to try and get my breasts to recover yet despite continuing to express, and trying to get my breasts to satisfy my son, its got to the stage where they are now just frustrating him, and causing no end of agony for me, plus we have had to use bottles since the engorgement set in anyway, you cant do anything else when you have a screaming and very unhappy baby on your hands!

Im absolutely devastated........!!

At the end of the day I am trying to be pragmatic and of course Devon comes first, so as long as I have a happy and healthy baby, then I will be happy, its all just a little raw right now, and I feel so sad!

Im sorry my first post in here is a depressing one, I just needed to write down my feelings!

Aww, you have done so incredibly well! The main thing is you tried! And those first few days have made the world of difference! You should be proud of yourself.
And if breastfeeding was causing stress for you and baby then that isn't healthy. You need to do what is right by the both of you.

You have done so well, don't beat yourself up because this is not your fault. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

me too, my little one just hasnt been getting enough for some reason and has also been getting frustrated with boob. makes me feel a bit down and guilty but am trying to keep upbeat, just want little one to thrive and gainmore weight now so formula it is!!

well done for feeding him to start with, it'll still be setting him up very well so good luck and dont feel bad at all. :hug:

Aww hun u have done so well, you should be proud!
If you are struggling and still want to continue then you could maybe go to a breastfeeding support group and see if they can help you? I'm sure you will make the right decision for you & your baby, as long as you are both happy thats all that matters :)
:hug: :hug: :hug: xx

Oh hun, i so feel for you.. its devestating when circumstances make you stop. Im only just coming to terms with it now and thats 8 weeks on! If ever you want a chat you know where i am! :hug:

Claire x

It's so hard to get them to latch on when your milk comes in, your boobs are solid, you and your baby are new to everything too. If you want to continue, I second that you could get help to do so, if you want to call it a day, be proud that you tried and he got your colostrum :)

Sounds exactly like mine when I had Joseph! :( :hug: :hug: :hug: Dont beat yourself up hun! :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear it hun...

I know just how it feels. Gutting is probably the best word.

But please don't beat yourself up about it, so many people told me not to, and I still did. Your LO will not love you any less for it :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back