I no longer have breasts I have canon balls!!

Welshy1

Reaction score
LO was born Thursday am and have been able to successfully breast feed. Tonight however my breasts have hardened into E cup canon balls!! Typically this is also the night that Freya has decided that each feed is going to last an hour. Am in soooo much pain :shock:

Poor you! It will pass, your body's just trying to make sure you have enough milk for your LO. I had something similar about 3 days into Breastfeeding (only with GG breasts!). Try to express just a bit to make yourself more comfortable and it should settle in a couple of days. Using cabbage leaves really does help but paracetamol is good too ;).
Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
It's your milk coming in! It's not a nice experience, mine also got really hot. For me cabbage leaves out of the fridge and hand expressing helped. It should settle down over the next few days as your body works out how much milk your LO needs. Also helps LO latch on if you hand express a bit - mine were so round and hard that LO couldnt latch properly until I eased the pressure off a little bit.

Don't worry it will settle in a few days hang in there x
Anything cool helps releve some pain and express a little off in the shower or bath or try hot then cold flannels.

I love the feeling of lo emptying them though! So satisfying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back