So sad :( Not baby related...

Dinky

Reaction score
We have just had to pass our dog to someone else to live....We had an 8 month old border collie x springer and he was so lovely but so so naughty!! Such a lively dog who needs at least 2 walks a day...His naughtyness shows mostly around my 5 year old stepson and visitors to our home, he also showed signs of jealousy when I had my nieces around. For this, due to our baby coming in just a few months, we have found a lovely farm where he will thrive! They have a 4 year old jack russell who is just as lively and he can chase chickens to his hearts content...

I just feel so sad, he was crying at me when they left and I hated seeing him driving away :( The new owners have said that we can go to see him whenever we want and we have each others numbers so she promised she would text this evening to say how he was. It's horrible!!!!!!!!

xxx

Oh bless you hun, that is a horrible thing to have to go through. My best friend had to do this for the same reasons and managed to find a lovely home for there little Mini Pincher (sp?). She was distraught but soon realised when baby came that it was the best decision for her little family.

Hopefully as time passes the sense of 'loss' (I know he is still alive and kicking but I can only imagine it feels like he isn't) will ease.

Big hug x

I couldnt imagine parting with my doggy! Usually collies do calm down i had one with my ex and by a year she was fantastic and well behaved dog!

me and my OH have an English Bull Terrier! and as you can imagine they dont have the best rep at all! but she is adorable! lively yes but only because she likes a attention.

She had NEVER been around children until my sister and her Chap brought their daughter to my house who at the time was 3 years and she was sooooo protective of her. sat with her walked behind her. so i know in my heart she will be fine with a baby providing we still show her attention, which we will have no choice because she loves a cuddle on the bed!

Poor you, that must have been horrible. But it does sound like you've got him a lovely new home - you haven't given him to just anyone who lives somewhere horrible. Give him a couple of weeks to settle in then see if you can visit - this will put your mind at rest. And just think, it would have been no fun for him to stay if you were constantly on edge with him and worried about the baby. xx

Awh that's so sad. I'm sorry u had to go through that.
I know how u feel, I had to give my cat away when we moved because pets aren't allowed in our new building, and we were living in a horrible area so HAD to move.
I still miss him, and that was in October, I'll always miss him. The family who took him txt me every so often to let me know how he's doing, but I personally would advise against visiting him.
We were offered the option to go visit Bubbles, but he loved me so much and I was afraid that seeing me again would excite him and make him think I was bringing him home, or it would confuse him, so he didn't know where he belonged.
Also, for me personally, seeing him knowing I can't take him home would absolutely break me! So I made a clean break.

It will get easier as the days go by, and as the others have said, at least u have the comfort of knowing he's in a good home with good owners :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

its the same for me, tomora a family is coming to pick up our 10 month old cavalier king charles. he is a good boy but we cant give him everything he needs, ive got 2 small children and i am literally out of the house most days and im bathing and story telling during the evening and i am to tired to walk him. plus he has got into a bad habit of eating poo :( then he trys to lick and jump on my children and his breath is obviously awful. i really cant have him putting his yukky mouth on my newborn. unfortunately he needs time and attention to get him out of this habbit and i certainly cant offer it to him.. im so sad tho. he is such a sweetheart..
i feel for you hun but were doing whats right for our families x

mrswarner......I feel totally lost without my puppy being here but I know it's the right thing to do. He needs at least two walks a day and because my OH works such ridiculously long hours, I wont be able to do it, not with the fact that my hips are hurting already at just 16 weeks :( Plus, in the winter, I'm going to have a 2/3 month old baby to think about.....We live in a really hilly area and it's just not practical for me to be taking Sonny out for walks here in the freezing cold with a tiny baby.

The house feels like there has been a huge loss but in time we will go back to normal.....by which time it'll be shattered by the arrival of our LO.......however thats going to be an amazing shatter!!!!!!!x

I'm really sorry to hear this. All these stories and things brought tears to my eyes!
It will get better, but you know you've done the right thing. Sounds like he'll have a lovely time living on the farm with chickens!
Hope you feel better about it all soon *hugs*

Ah I can imagine how upset you are as we have 3 small dogs and they are like my children, I dread the day they are not around anymore. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back