So, it happened again last night...

leesey

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I had a really scary ten minutes or so of agonising pain in my gut (see http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/second-trimester/235186-very-alarming-tmi-parts.html for the thread!) and I had a similar but much shorter event happen last week. But last night/this morning I had it a million times worse and was all ready for heading to the hospital at 5am!!

I woke up at the back of 4, feeling strange again, just like before. I told hubby I was really uncomfortable but it was fine this had happened before and it would pass. Well blimey, it took it's time. By half 4 I was wailing and crying, pretty terrified at times. The pain was just like before, in my gut, but much worse. This time I also had radiating pain in the very middle of my back, radiating out up to my shoulders and down to my hips and back in again. It was absolutely horrific. Bump was rock solid again, and throbbing like mad.

After an hour of this I decided I had braved it enough and finally got dressed to go to the hospital. Just as I went out the back door, I projectile vomited on the back patio and came over all faint. Then baby moved and it lifted, I just felt better immediately. I still had a bit of nausea but I think that was mostly the taste in my mouth. I was able to go back to bed and get at least a tiny bit of kip before getting up for work.

I've been fine all day since.

Extremely, extremely bizarre, but going by last night's events I think I'm going to have to rethink my pain management options for labour, cos I was not coping well with the pain last night and no amount of pleasant waterbirthing would have stopped it!!

I also need to find out why this is happening, cos I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like it, and the fact that my pain is at the top of my abdomen rather than my lower abdomen makes me think this isn't normal?? If anyone else has had this I'd really like to know what it was, it's happened 3 times to varying degrees and feels completely different to the one time I've had Braxton Hicks.

Hey Leesey, sounds horrible :(

From reading that and the fact it all subsided when baby moved (read your other post aswell) maybe bubs was sitting on or putting pressure on a nerve of some sort?

Hope you find out what is causing it soon and it doesn't happen again!

x

This sound horrendous leesey :shock:

I really hope you find out what's happening -it must be terrifying for you.

Please let us know when you find out honey x

Sounds awful! Like the others have said maybe LO is lying on nerve or something :S. Maybe just give your MW a ring and ask if it should be happening? x

I would definitely tell MW about it. Seek help if it does happen again. I had something similar just as I got into Tri 3 woke up I the early hours with a terrible pain in my side. Had to wait a bit for it to subside coz I was crippled with pain. Hobbled off to the bath room, had a pee and threw up. Like you said it was like LO moved and I started to feel better. After talking to the MW we came to the conclusion that LO was prob putting pressure on one of my kidneys. Just get checked out to be on the safe side.

Better to get it checked out than leaving it...sounds very unpleasant besides anything else!! Hope you feel better & find out what it is soon xx

Not sure what to sugest hun but I hope you get a resolution soon x

When it happened before I looked up pain in gut and Dr Google said it could have been bubs pushing up on my diaphragm, etc, which I said to midwife a week later and she scoffed saying that baby couldn't reach that far just now. But she ate her words when she measured me really, as I was measuring big. She never then clarified if it could have been this or not?
I never thought of it possibly being a nerve, this might explain the back pain, but the rock solid bump? It was similar to BH in that way, except when I had BH it was all across the way, from my sides working in towards my middle, and not so much pain as intense stretched feeling. This was all in my upper abdomen in one specific area of pain.

Maybe you should give ur MW a call and run it by her, tell her its worrying u. I'm sure she'll have some answers.
Sounds really frightening!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ah no, sounds quite nasty! You know I have it kinda the same, bump goes rock solid & feel awful all over but it comes out the other end!! Feel fine after its out lol. I'd mention it to MW again anyway if I were you just to be safe. I do have bad stomach aches when I feel baby is higher than usual & makes me feel quite sick :/ xx

I think i would have still gone to the hospital to get checked, cant believe how it just went when baby moved.
I would defo run it by midwife or gp and see what they suggest xxx

I'll maybe see if I can get an appt at the community midwife for Tuesday, although I wouldn't expect so she's always booked up. I really can't take time off work that's the only thing, I'm so busy right now. I wish there was like an evening drop in or something, just to let your concerns get seen to.
Thanks gals for your thoughts, if it happens again I'll be going straight to a&e, I'll need fast acting pain meds to get through that again! xx

Ah no, sounds quite nasty! You know I have it kinda the same, bump goes rock solid & feel awful all over but it comes out the other end!! Feel fine after its out lol. I'd mention it to MW again anyway if I were you just to be safe. I do have bad stomach aches when I feel baby is higher than usual & makes me feel quite sick :/ xx

Both times I've tried going to the toilet, and nothing's happened, I really wish it was that cos then I would know how to fix it next time!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the sore tummy when bubs is high, although of course I wouldn't wish it on anyone! xx

I think i would have still gone to the hospital to get checked, cant believe how it just went when baby moved.
I would defo run it by midwife or gp and see what they suggest xxx

I still haven't decided if it's either coincedence that both times it happened quite bad and the one time it lasted a couple of minutes there was a change in position, but if it wasn't a coincedence, I don't know which was the cause and which was the effect out of the pain and baby moving. Like, did the baby moving relieve the pain or did the pain dying down make the baby move? Still weird either way xx

Ah, that does sound like what you descibed doesn't it? Hope you're feeling ok today leesey x

So sorry that you are having these issues hun, sounds like it might be your gall bladder but the radiating pain, hip pain and tightening bump you described sounds like the baby might be sitting on you psoas nerve causing the pain. Which is always worse at night as you cant help but lie on it. If your mw agrees, Id be tempted to visit an osteopath to see if there is anything that they can do.

Really hope it resolves itself soon though xxx

So sorry that you are having these issues hun, sounds like it might be your gall bladder but the radiating pain, hip pain and tightening bump you described sounds like the baby might be sitting on you psoas nerve causing the pain. Which is always worse at night as you cant help but lie on it. If your mw agrees, Id be tempted to visit an osteopath to see if there is anything that they can do.

Really hope it resolves itself soon though xxx

The mw didn't seem remotely bothered about it last time so I don't think she'd agree to much!
I think I'll see if I can get a dr appointment after work next week and try to rule out gallstones first, then at least if it's pregnancy related after that I can try and find a solution.

The only thing I've read up that would suggest it isn't gallbladder related is apparently if you have gallstones, lying on your left eases it, which didn't work for me at all.

Thanks again for your advice ladies xx

i hope your pain isnt gall stones and i hope it subsides soon for you all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back