So Frustrated...

Belle

Reaction score
I had the worst night last night for lack of sleep. Didn't get to sleep until 5am and then woke up at 6 ish. No matter what I do I just can't get comfortable and I have the worst indigestion in the world. I'm 35 weeks now and CAN'T WAIT for this baby to come out as this is driving me to tears.

Is anyone else having problems like this...? and is this normal? I can't believe some women enjoy their pregnancies and want to do it all again!! Also, can I use Gaviscon for indigestion and does it work??

Love from a very sleepy Belle
xx

ps. my cat has been fantastic with me and has cuddled me all night and today he won't leave me alone. I think they know something is up!!

Hiya Belle

I can totally relate to both the sleeping and indegestion problems, so YES, both are totally normal, just bloody uncomfortable!
I have only ever been able to sleep on my tummy, so, as you can imagine...that is not on the cards now I'm 36wks pregnant....I did however manage it until I got to 30wks but had to put my kneee up practically by my shoulders to create some sort of dip...This gave my hubby a great source of amusement....He kept peering under the covers and laughing at my "Catwoman" impersonation....I point blank cannot sleep if I lie on my bcak and when I do try I feel like I'm suffocating....I spend the side tossing from one side to another....Neither of which I find particularly comfortable.
I've heard that propping your bump up with a pillow when you lie on your side is supposed to help....I must remember to try it! :wink:

You can take Gaviscon and yes, it does work! - But make sure you get it on prescription as it isn't all that cheap (and we do get these things free now! :lol: Might as well make the most of it while we can!) - Ask your Midwife and she will sort it out for you.

Hope you sort something our RE sleeping - It's just not fun is it? - My Mom tells me it's natures way of getting us used to lack of sleep...That and getting up every 10mins to pee.

Oh the joys!

Hi

I'm only 27+ weeks and I'm having uncomfortable nights already. I sleep on my right hand side (I get chest pains if I sleep on my left which I am going to tell my midwife about tomorrow at my ante-natal) with a pillow between my legs and tucked under my bump. I hate the feeling of the baby shifting everytime I change position so I try and keep still as much as possible. I have had problems with leg cramps in the night so I'm also sleeping with a cushion from my sofa at the bottom of the bed to elevate my feet and help with circulation.

As for the gaviscon I don't go anywhere without it! I used rennies for weeks but then bought gaviscon and wouldn't dream of taking rennies now, they are crap compared to gaviscon. The only thing that I worry about taking is paracetamol but I have to have a very bad headache before I give in and take them.

Hope you feel awake again soon :)

Lou

i suffered very badley from indegestion and tried everything then my doctor suggested milk it was great and i aint sufffered from it since

Hi Belle

I can totally sympathise - I haven't slept well for nearly 10 weeks now and some nights are absolutely terrible. I go to work feeling like a zombie some days.

I have stopped drinking anything after around 8.30pm though and this helps as I'm not waking for the toilet so much. But I get pains in my hips and cramps in my legs and so keep having to turn over in bed or stretch my legs to get rid of the cramp.

LBxx

Hello ladies,

I had to weigh in on the lack of sleep phenomenon. Not exactly what I expected prior to getting pregnant. I was under the false impression that sleepless nights began very late into pregnancy when you were as big as a house. This is only true if you are accustomed to spending the entire night on your side. Noone said that this would lead to hip pain, leg cramps and various parts of your body falling asleep (not the good kind).

The part of sleep I miss the most is the beginning. Before the extra pillows, awkard sleep angles, and huge bump my hubby and I would spoon until I fell asleep. This has not been possible as it is not comfortable for either of us. He never knows where I have hidden pillows or hidden pain.

I look forward to sleep, no matter how short, being comfortable. Lying on your back, cuddling and turning from one sleep position to the next in under 5 minutes without it creating the feeling that you have to pee.

I wish everyone a good nights sleep.

I was in hopsital for 3 days with acid reflex, it was awful, (heartburn) at the end and after a large expense, I have been told to drink Mineral Water, Perrier, I SWARE by it now, i never drank it before, but now i drink it with every meal and throughout the day, believe me I have had no problems since and I feel normal again. I just have to remember not to eat large meals as that makes you feel ill.

When you eat be sure to wait a long while before sitting down for long periods of time and especially laying down, honestly this change in routine has helped me big time!!!

Try it out!!

Tineke

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back