so fed up with not sleeping :(

sazzylou

Reaction score
im at my wits end now :cry: Ive had a grand total of 4 hours last night, which is the most i think ive had for about a week and i feel like total crap :( I cant get comfy at all so im now having to get up at all hours so i dont keep OH awake. Ive been crying this morning cos ive just had enough. Im sure i'll get more sleep once the babies here. \

Id try and go back to sleep, but with a 6 year old running around, its not always so easy. Ive got friends coming today who live a 2 hour drive away and i really dont want them to come :( Im just so tired. I cant take it anymore!! Any tips on getting a decent nights sleep?? :pray:

Bless you! Sleep deprivation sucks. At least with first pregnancies you can nap when you like!

I'm not a third-trier but I do value sleep highly so thought I give my advice :lol:

Take a bath 90 minutes before bed. This is apparently the optimum time for your temp to adjust and make you sleepy.

Keep a notebook by the bed. I write and unload before sleeping, everything that I need to do or that's on my mind.
If you can rest your mind, you just have to tackle your body!

Can't you ask OH to take the sofa just one or two nights a week? Then you could toss and turn without worrying who you're disturbing and you might get a little bit longer asleep.

Hope you cheer up when your friends arrive. If you've a 6 year old you'll have been through the 'zombiefication' before. It's marvellous what you can do on little/no sleep when you have to! :hug:

Minxy said:
Keep a notebook by the bed. I write and unload before sleeping, everything that I need to do or that's on my mind.
If you can rest your mind, you just have to tackle your body!

If you've a 6 year old you'll have been through the 'zombiefication' before. It's marvellous what you can do on little/no sleep when you have to! :hug:

lol, im very used to the zombiefication :rotfl: I'll def try the bath thing. And i think writing things down might help. Im feeling really stressed at the mo (over silly little things :roll: ) so i reckon i could be keeping my self awake worrying a bit :evil:

Im just so bloomin' uncomfortable too. My belly's massive and all i wanna do is sleep on my back :( I had to prop myself up last night, and eventually dropped off sitting upright (well comfy.... :roll: :wall: )And the other thing is, im in the loo every 5 mins, and everytime i have a wee i check to see if ive lost any plug or anything so im CONSTANTLY thinking about going into labour. Its the only thing i think about at the moment to be honest, :rotfl:

I wont mind the no sleep when bubs is here, it makes it all worthwhile, but the last few weeks are really dragging and im feeling all sorry for meself :(

aww hun I know how you feel, its rare that I sleep anymore than 3-4hours at the moment. I find after about a week of not sleeping I'll have one really good night where I dont wake up, not even for a wee and get about 8 hours so I just look forward to that one night :lol: I'll be napping when baby does soon and its not long for us is it. As for OH maybe ask him to sleep on the sofa for a few nights so you can see if that helps? When OH was living here he'd sleep on the sofa bed and he still does if he stays over for a night, there is no way he'd even fit in the bed now!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Tillytots said:
aww hun I know how you feel, its rare that I sleep anymore than 3-4hours at the moment. I find after about a week of not sleeping I'll have one really good night where I dont wake up, not even for a wee and get about 8 hours so I just look forward to that one night :lol: I'll be napping when baby does soon and its not long for us is it. As for OH maybe ask him to sleep on the sofa for a few nights so you can see if that helps? When OH was living here he'd sleep on the sofa bed and he still does if he stays over for a night, there is no way he'd even fit in the bed now!!

lol, i am finding that my bed seems reeeeeeaally small nowadays. OH offered to sleep on the sofa last night cos he went out and didnt get in until 1am. He hadnt been drinking or anything so i was like "might as well get in bed, its not like i can sleep anyway" He is pretty good, but i always feel bad if i keep him awake cos he has to go to work and that :( Im sure he'd sleep downstairs if i asked him too though, just feel a bit guilty

I usually can grab a couple of hours in the day when Beth is at school, but she had an operation on her eye on Wednesday so ive got her at home for 2 weeks to recover, then 2 weeks easter hols.....so 4 weeks of no daytime naps :cry: I think i need to get my mum to have her lots and lots, lol :rotfl:

:hug: I'm exactly the same at the moment. I start to fall asleep on the sofa before bed and think oh good at least I'll drop off tonight. But as soon as I get in bed - wide awake!

I've come to the conclusion its because I just can't shut my mind off at the moment - as hard as I try, like you, all I can think about is going into labour.

Really suffering with my back now as well, I'm normally a back sleeper too. I think I'd be in so much less pain if I could sleep on my back.

And now I have a bloody cold, so last night was even worse! I'm driving OH mad - he has offered to sleep on the sofa, but strange as I might sound, I wouldn't be able to sleep without him in the bed.

Last night also woke up with a massive amount of pressure in my bits for about 3 mins. Was very strange - I though oh maybe she has finally engaged. But no.... it went as soon as it came, and bump is still no lower this morning :wall:

Fingers crossed it won't be long for any of us now :pray:

Between the pain in my hips and pelvis and needing to pee I usually only get 2 hours in a row maximum before I wake because I have to move or pee. About once a week or so, if I've been doing lots and I'm really tired out I might manage 4 hours in a row. I figured this would mean I would cope better when baby arrives as I'll get more sleep then. So OH asked if I could wake him up every time I woke so he got used to it too. That lasted 3 nights then we decided he was too exhausted to continue the experiment and he should just get as much sleep as he can now in preparation :rotfl:

I know it doesn't help any as we're all tired and heavy but at least there's not too long to go! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have been through a few weeks like that but this last week I have been sleeping better, don't know why, whether I have been more relaxed about things or just sheer exhaustion has taken over.

It is sooo hard when you have had no sleep and you have another child to look after and entertain, I have a 5 year old and just don't seem to have a min when is isn't needing some help, wanting something, or just being incredibly noisy :roll:

So have some :hug: :hug: :hug: and hope you get some rest soon.

Awww Sarah, sorry you're so fed up. Getting no sleep is incredibly frustrating, especially when you are so tired :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope it gets better (I just had a two week stint of insomnia, but now I have had a run of relatively good nights - so there is hope :pray: )

Sending you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I feel for you hun.
I had an awful night last night. My bad hips combined with needing the loo and horrific heartburn i had about 3 hours sleep :(

Its mainly the heartburn that keeps me up. Last week got some gaviscon advance instead of the normal stuff and i had a great nights sleep.
Last two nights tho it hasnt touched my heartburn at all so not getting sleep again :(

I think i am now very ready for her to arrive now

just the same as the other girls

back, hips, wee, heartburn = no sleep. A good book helps me but I have to sit totally upright squishing my bump...

not long now xx

thanks for the replies :hug: I know everyones in the same boat too :hug: It rubbish, init? lol. :lol:

I was so pleased with myself this morning too. I looked at the clock and thought "blimey! 4 hours in a row, not bad at all 8) " Went to the loo and then couldnt get back to sleep :roll:

Im feeling pretty knackered now, but we promised to take Beth to the cinema, so hopefully i'll be sooooo tired tonight i'll HAVE to sleep :pray: :sleep:

Ive got a horrible feeling ive got restless leg syndrome too, so thats not helping :wall: Moan moan moan eh? :lol:

im the same, and i have really bad hip pains when im lay down.
i googled it yesterday and i found......THE SNOOZER!!!

i was considering ordering one because they look like the most comfortable things in the world.....

look at her..there on the right!

then i thought it was a lot of money to get for something that i won't have for that long.
they have cheaper alternatives on ebay though xx

I bought a sleep pillow early on (beginning second tri) - i have hip problems anyway, so I figured I'd get a lot of use out of it.

It definitely helps, but obviously not THAT much or i'd be sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time!

I have this one from mothercare - it has 30% off at the moment. Might be worth a try for those who have longer left...

on a bad night i just get up and sit on computer or watch tv for a hour or so and this usually wears me out enough to fall asleep. :hug: to u ive had nights where i am just like i have had enough cant keep this up. ii also have other children so cant sleep in day and catch up.

also try a bath b4 bed and a milky drink.

marie x

I play a wii game on bed and fall asleep immediately BUT, as soon as DH comes to sleep i wake up immediately then hardly sleep in a row. same as u girls back pain , heartburn, LO kicking, ..etc Mum told me I would never get enough sleep while I'm preg. and first night in Hospital after birth I'll fall asleep as I haven't for ages :sleep:

poor you love :hug: :hug:
ive had a few restess sleepless nights lately
heartburn back bump ache ect :(
so i can empithise hunny :hug:
its horrible being tired but not being able to sleep.

hope you get some well needed :sleep: tonight :pray:
sarah :hug: :wave:

geordie lass said:
hope you get some well needed :sleep: tonight :pray:
sarah :hug: :wave:

thanks.....but i didnt (well, not until this morning anyway lol :D ) :bored: I slept from 12.30 until 4, then i woke up all sneezy and coughing (i so dont want a cold at the mo :pray: ) so i wandered downstairs so i didnt wake OH up and couldnt sleep cos my sofa's cack and uncomfy :) went back to bed at 6.30 and FINALLY drooped off to sleep at about 7.30 when OH got up....and slept until 11.30! wooooooooo!!! Im well chuffed, lol. I never thought id be so happy about sleep :cheer: :dance: :lol:

It will get better, I was like this last week and since Sat night I have been sleeping quite well. Sat and Sun night I had about 6 hours straight which is good considering the way i was going. But last night I went to bed about 11pm woke at 4.55 for a wee then slept til 8am :D the only downfall is today I feel more tired from having all that sleep than I do having less sleep.

Lack of sleep is getting me too! Same reasons as everyone else- hip pain, needing a wee or heartburn. I usually find that if I try to sleep I can't so i tell myself that I'm just going to lie and relax with my eyes open- often I do this sat up and fall asleep without realising it! If I'm sat up who cares... it helps the heartburn! My advice- at least 5 pillows needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back