So angry at the min!.....

angiemum2b

Reaction score
right my OH and i got engaged last year and he got my engagement ring from argos, so far so good until now.

i was taking my ring off the other day to wash up when i noticed the diamond was moving -wobbling so i rang OH at work and told him,he told me to take it back as i have insurance with it. so i took the ring back today to get it repaired and they told me they only give out replacements now, i thought great until they said my ring had been discontinued and they haven't got any left at all!!!!!!!!!

WTF what am i meant to do now! so i ranted at the woman behind the counter ( not that its her fault, just the closest person there)!

So now i have a voucher for £300 to find me a new ring from there catalogue.

I'm so upset because i love my ring i think it's gorgeous and now i haven't got it anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry for long post but needed to rant! :hug:

Why didnt you keep the ring and take it to a jewellers to be repaired?

i wished i could but i haven't got any spare cash now especially before xmas and i had my insurance with argos so i would have wasted £30 on insurance.

:cry: :cry:

So, have you got the £300 AND your broken ring?

PinkPunch said:
So, have you got the £300 AND your broken ring?

Yeah argos shouldn't have kept the ring. You could have glued the diamond back in yourself and still had the voucher :wink:

Thats what I would have done. If I had a ring that was sentimental I would want to keep it broken or not.

obviously if i had another £300 i would have kept the ring and gone and brought a new one but unfortunately i haven't,

well i'll be ring hunting tomorrow for a similar one. fingers crossed i get one. :pray:

angiemum2b said:
obviously if i had another £300 i would have kept the ring and gone and brought a new one but unfortunately i haven't,

well i'll be ring hunting tomorrow for a similar one. fingers crossed i get one. :pray:

I'm sure you'll find one. £300 is alot of money for a ring, I'd be tempted to spend it all on christmas pressies for Isaac :wink:

Aww my brother is a diamond setter in the jewellery quarter in Birmingham I would have asked him to set your diamond again.

you should have lost it with the lady in the shop, kept the ring, paid for it fixing and sent a polite letter of complaint along with the repair bill to argos! saying that its discontinued is not acceptable, its the sentimental value that youve lost. even if you had got another of the same ring it wouldnt have been the same.

nevermind, im sure you will find a lovely one with £300

This is what I would do...

sell the £300 vouchers on Ebay - I bet you'd get something like £280 for them - then use that to get it repaired - it probably wouldn't cost that much to repair, so could then spend the rest on christmas!

edit - oh hang on, just realised you no longer have your ring - grrrrr write a strong letter to Argos HQ! Not acceptable!! :x

OK, I would:

Sell the vouchers on Ebay, and go ring shopping with your OH somewhere else - NOT ARGOS :x

You are probably only talking about 20-30 quid to get the ring fixed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back