• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smoking and other bad things before/during pregnance.

nukacola

Reaction score
Are here any doctors, who can scientifically explain about all the bad things for me or for my baby If i have been smoking before pregnance, coz I didnt know that I will be pregnant, so after I became, I could not stop smoking as fast as I need.

Also please tell me about alcohol during the pregnance.

Hi,
Smoking and drinking are bad for you, and you know the bad effects they have on you. You and the baby share the same blood, so just think about what harm they will be doing to a poor defensless little fetus!! Fetal alcohol syndrome, abnormalities, stunted growth, poor lung function to name but a few.
Smoking and drinking during pregnancy is abuse. Don't do it. :talkhand:

Sorry to sound harsh, but thats the way it is!!! :D

liviray said:
Hi,
Smoking and drinking are bad for you, and you know the bad effects they have on you. You and the baby share the same blood, so just think about what harm they will be doing to a poor defensless little fetus!! Fetal alcohol syndrome, abnormalities, stunted growth, poor lung function to name but a few.
Smoking and drinking during pregnancy is abuse. Don't do it. :talkhand:

Sorry to sound harsh, but thats the way it is!!! :D

Well sure I know that It s very harmful for a baby... I`m not going to do this :shakehead:
but I just wanted to know what exactly will be, maybe somebody did this things and what happend to baby when while baby is growing up...

It's not rocket science and a quick search on the web can tell you that;

Smoking in pregnancy can affect your baby, not just before birth, but also in the future. Here are some of the effects of smoking while pregnant.

*Smoking raises the levels of carbon monoxide in your bloodstream. This reduces the amount of oxygen available to your baby.

*When you smoke, harmful chemicals reach your baby.

* Nicotine constricts the blood vessels on your side of the placenta, which means oxygen is passed over less effectively to the baby.

The result is the baby grows less well than he might have done, and he'll be born lighter than otherwise. This might make a great difference to his health at birth.

There are also effects on brain development and on the general health of your baby, which have been shown to last into childhood, and even beyond. There is also a great deal of evidence that men who smoke when their partners are pregnant also affect the baby's health - whether or not the woman smokes herself.

minikins said:
It's not rocket science and a quick search on the web can tell you that;

Thank you very much, and maybe the last question about this. :wink:

How much time it will take that blood will fully be clean after stopping smoking?

Hi

I think it only takes 24 hours to get the nicotine out of your system and within an hour of stopping smoking the oxygen levels in your blood return to normal. If you stop now (it sounds as though you've just found out you're pregnant) everything will be fine so try not to worry.

There's a stopping smoking section in this forum if you find you need support. Good luck with your pregnancy, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Louise

LouisecH said:
Hi

I think it only takes 24 hours to get the nicotine out of your system and within an hour of stopping smoking the oxygen levels in your blood return to normal. If you stop now (it sounds as though you've just found out you're pregnant) everything will be fine so try not to worry.

There's a stopping smoking section in this forum if you find you need support. Good luck with your pregnancy, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Louise

haha! thank you very much for your care, but Im` not pregnant actually.
I`m just Finding everything out yet.

Well I dont believe that its only 24 hours!! It`s impossible to stop smoking if you will not smoke only 24 hours!
I think it will take months, but I dont know

If you read alan carrs easy way to give up smoking it really is 24 hours to get it out of your system, and 1 hour for your blood to be more oxginated.
Its your brain that demands more nicotine - hence the cravings for one last cig.
You can probably get more info from the stop smoking website, i think its giveupgivingup.org or something like that!

xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back