smiling, smiling, smiling!!!!!

pips

Reaction score
hi to all feb mums, if any still come onto this feb forum...

i'm just really happy and wanted to tell people! :D
saw midwife today and heard baby's heart again!! don't know about you but that just puts a smile on my face for AGES!!
only down side is baby is quite small so had to have extra blood test, grrrr -was hoping i'd get out of that one!!

plus i'm starting the classes on 2nd dec which should be fun!! my birth partner is freaking though lol!

how are you all doing?? and how big are your bumps now?
are any of your bumps waking you up and keeping you awake with the kicking?? i'm getting so tired, i only sleep roughly 5/6 hours a night ; i think baby's getting me into training for the sleepless nights! :?

also sooooo curious as to what sex it is and what it looks like..
anyway that's my baby story!
i hope to read some of yours soon...
take care sweeties
hugs and kisses,
pip and I.E xxx

Hi Pip

I agree - hearing the baby's heartbeat it wonderful and very reassuring, I was going to buy a doppler to hear it everyday but I know that I would've become obsessive and panicked if I couldn't find the heartbeat sometimes!

I am getting into a bad habit, I often wake up to pop to the bathroom around 4am and when I get into bed I start smiling if the baby kicks and then I start rubbing my tummy and get another kick and then I seem to be too wide awake to get back to sleep! It just so nice when it 's peaceful and wee one is kicking away!

I've read a couple of posts recently from ladies who have been sent for growth scans as their midwives have felt that their babies are small and both times the results have been that the babies are fine and a good size!

We ordered our pram yesterday so I'm really excited :D , so that's a pram on order and a bouncy chair that we have ! I think we need to start doing some serious shopping soon!

Hope you're keeping well - I notice you're in Edinburgh/France, I'm just south of Glasgow

Lucy
29 + 1

hi Lucy!

you described that feeling so well of bonding with the baby in the small hours of the night.. it's magic and i know i will miss it when I.E is born..
nevertheless i'm pretty sure it will kick a hole right through my tummy one of these days lol

the reason i am worrying about its size is because i havent entirely quit smoking yet and my grans have made me paranoid that smokers have small babies, etc (though they also told me i should drink nothing but whole milk.. 'haha yes gran as if i'm not gaining enough weight as it is!!!!')

are you (or other feb mums) getting all your baby stuff first hand? i'm quite into charity shops at the mo but trying to measure to what extent it's a good thing. my pram's arriving from helensburgh -you must know hburgh Lucy, and i'm going cot hunting tomorrow, it's really exciting!
let us know if you get any good tips!!

where exactly are you from Lucy? i used to go to the west coast every year with my mum as she comes from there and we now live in france.

keep smiling feb mums!
pip and I.E xxx

by the way Lucy... i'm meeting up with another mother from around glasgow. we're just going for lunch or something but it should be nice and an opportunity to chill with other mums to be!

we were wondering if you fancied joining us...
no worries if its a bother, i look forward to talking to you on the forum anyway.

PM me if necessary
take care,
Pip and I.E xxxx

I am getting into a bad habit, I often wake up to pop to the bathroom around 4am and when I get into bed I start smiling if the baby kicks and then I start rubbing my tummy and get another kick and then I seem to be too wide awake to get back to sleep! It just so nice when it 's peaceful and wee one is kicking away!
i do this too!!!

bit dead in the february forum these days, seems it never really took off like the other forums!

it's never too late to get it sparking petchy!! let's get talking girls...

*i guess we can blame the fact that we're overworked girlies in the feb forum (joke :D )*

anyway have any of you had a bit of fluid running down your legs shortly after you wake up?? it's happened to me twice and the mw reckons its just pee but it can't be because it's just after i've been to the toilet... sorry for details, am just wondering if its normal?!

also are you playing any music to baby? i'm interseted in the subject and hear it influences a child quite a bit!

can't wait to see my prawn..
love
Pip , and small baby I.E :?
xxx

my baby is starting to keep me awake in the night now.

her kicks are feeling different - more boney if you get what i mean :) i'm sooo excited to have her now. I don't feel scared about labour at the minute - i just want her to be safe and hope the labour isn't too traumatic for her!

i had another scan on tues because they had to check the fluid around the baby. Her face is so cute now and she had her feet up next to her face and her hands over her ears :)

It's a shame this forum hasn't taken off, I didn't look in here until a couple of wks ago - not sure why!

Pip - I replied to your PM - meeting up sounds good. We live south of Hamilton but I work in Glasgow.

I've also had a bit of fluid running down my thigh first thing in the morning but mine was a (warning - sorry TMI!!) milky type of fluid that I think was a bit of thrush in a weird form!

Petchy - I think we've gone for the same pram/pushchair as you! We've ordered the flame red Quinny.

ToriElla - when we had our 20 wks scan our wee one also had their feet up by their face! I was a little worried that the baby hadn't grown properly but the sonographer then showed us when the baby had moved to a different position which was nice.
Good to hear your scan went well.

I'll have to post a bump pic soon, people at work keep telling me that I'll have a big baby as they think my bump is big and then people say to me my bump is small - can't win!!

Hope you're all keeping well

Lucy
29 + 2

Hello feb mums! I am due the 11th so am joining the party!

tHe milky stuff is thrush - just really high up, i have had it a few times now and it's not very nice. I'm not a tablet person so have used the canesten pessaries and this seems to do the trick - make sure you get your doc to prescribe them though as they can be expensive!!

Bump is getting bigger now - can almost feel him growing daily (we are having a boy, Jacob George) and heartburn still quite bad although cannot moan!

Hope your all well keep in touch xxxx

hiya feb mums
the weeks seem to be flying in not long to go now
well im kept awake most ngts by baby moving around alot
and having a hell of a time with horrible restless legs which i never had before with my other kids
i feel sorry for my hubby though cant be much fun trying to get to sleep with me tossing an turning lol
im having a homebirth like i did with my daughter so hopefully things will go as planned
ive only started to get small items for baby but have been looking at prams/cots still undecided what to buy
mother in law keeps buying baby stuff every week so ive yet to see what shes bought as she lives far from us
think ill get xmas over and done with afore i go on a spending spree for baby stuff
has anyone started xmas shopping yet?i havent even started
:D

Hi girls

This pregnancy is dragging for me :( Havent had a proper nights sleep for weeks and I am so fed up with going to the toilet every 5 mins! I cant wait for this one to come out now.
I am having a boy and will be calling him Alexander James. My bump doesnt appear to be growing much. I have a nice small neat bump for the amount of weeks I am, though after xmas I will probably expand! I havent done much xmas shopping but planning on getting it all done by the 16th - thats if I can leave the toilet for more than 5 mins by then!

Hope everyones pregnancies are going well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back