SMEP question

vid_81

Reaction score
Trying to understand SMEP... As per the plan,
--- Begin ovulation testing on Day 10. When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row. Skip one night, then do one last "try" ---

Is this "one last try" meant to be on the day of the ovulation or the day before ovulation?

If it is the day before ovulation, then is it good to skip doing the deed just a day before ovulation? Read somewhere that the sperm regains its strength while waiting for the egg - so a waiting sperm is better to get through the hard shell than a newly arrived one. So wouldnt it be better to do it the day before?

Apologise if the discussion is too technical :)

Last edited:
I dont understand the last 'try' either

I took it to mean DTD every other day from CD10 so CD10,12,14 and then when you get a positive DTD an extra day, wait a day and then again a day later

but i dont get the day later, makes no sense! Surely if you DTD the day of OV and frequently before, you dont need too?

I tried to do SMEP this month and we did SO well but i got thrush the day before/ the day I OV'd... we DTD that day but certainly couldnt have done anymore :)

I thought it was start at CD8?

I think last try is like and one for luck!!! xx

Fi, eagerly waiting to hear abt your BFP on 13th!! Fx!

I usually ov on 13 or 14 and today was my 6th day. So will try to do every other day two times and then 3 continuous days and probably once more after a days brk. Sounds tiring! But hopefully will be alright and fruitful :)

I am thinking about giving it another 'go' tonight as per the SMEP plan... which would mean we are right on track actually! But I dunno, am not feeling it and i dont know if i want to make a baby when i am not feeling it! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back