smelly pee

millylillyrose

Reaction score
Ive noticed the last few days every time India pees its REALLY stinky. so bad i thought she's pooped. her nappies don't usually smell as she is 100% BF'd still. But she has some allergy to what we don't know yet, and I'm off all potential bad food that could be causing it. the last few weeks before i eliminated milk/soy/eggs and nuts, she had blood in her poop and severe diarrhea, which has stopped now im off those foods.

probably irrelevant, i was wondering if this is something i should call doc about, it really stinks!

Strong or foul smelling urine can be a sign of a bladder infection even without there being any other symptoms like pain or peeing more frequently. Definitely ring the doctor just to check if they are concerned.

i just called the doc and they said to bring her in for a urine test, how on earth do they do a pee test on a 4month old?
I feel so stupid calling the doctor, like im a paronoid mama and calling for no reason. but she really is off colour, so it shouldnt be a pointless trip.

millylillyrose said:
i just called the doc and they said to bring her in for a urine test, how on earth do they do a pee test on a 4month old?
I feel so stupid calling the doctor, like im a paronoid mama and calling for no reason. but she really is off colour, so it shouldnt be a pointless trip.
leah had a urine test when she was 4 weeks old, they just put a sort of pad in their nappy x

I'm glad they are going to do a test, and you shouldn't feel stupid for calling them! Hope she feels better soon. x

Smelly wee can also be a sign of dehydration... especially if it is a darker colour too. Hope the doctor gets to the bottom (no pun intended ;) ) of it!

SarahH said:
Smelly wee can also be a sign of dehydration... especially if it is a darker colour too. Hope the doctor gets to the bottom (no pun intended ;) ) of it!

ha ha

Well they took a sample and did it with a catheter. was rather horrible actually as the nurse was kinda mean and got it wrong the first time and had to go get another and try again. at that point India peed all over her, so i had to feed her and wait then try again. i think she got a little sore by the 3rd one as she cried and cried :(

It came back fine, but they're sending it off to be cultured. They think it may have something to do with her allergy and blood in her poop etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back