smear tests

trixipaws

Reaction score
i recently received a letter from my new docs surgery inviting me for a smear. i think i had one one or two years ago (i'll have to check), but i wondered, should you be doing these if youre pregnant?

my midwife said it was a definate no-no as im overdue one and keep getting reminders and she said they cant do anything while you are pg anyway so there isnt much point.

No point, I had one about 3 months ago so I thought woohoo all clear for another 3 years. Until my midwife informed me I'd have to have another after the baby is born.

Cx

I'm due one any time soon, but as the others have said no point while you are pg anyway (aren't the cells all funny cos of being pg so the results would be screwy?)

p.s. Hi Charm...how's you? Did your scan put you forward a few days? I'm sure we were due the same day. My scan date was a few days ahead of my calculated date, but the mw still said they go by my LMP date. Are you blooming yet in this magical 2nd tri? I don't feel sickly all the time anymore, which is certainly an improvement, but I wouldn't call it blooming!
Pea x

i was due to have one again in january, but cant now so ill have to wait 6 months or so till after babys born

Its a definate no no, you do have to wait a few months after the baby is born or else you could get false readings xx

Agree with all the girls.
I was due one about 2 years ago :oops: But my midwife said I would have to wait until after my baby's born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back