Small Baby!!

grace7

Reaction score
Hiya all,
I'm still new to this but im 34 weeks pregnant went to midwife on wednesday and my baby is measuring the same as she did last week and my midwife has requested a growth scan for her!! also there was white cells in my urine so that has been sent away too!! The midwife is also a bit worried cus i'm being sick all the time and keeping hardly anything down and the week before she took blood cos i have had itchy hands and legs all came back fine but still waiting for the bile acid to come back!! I'm a little scared about baby being small and having the liver condition but i'm not to sure what it is!?! Anyone know anything about it??

If your bile acids come back raised, it could be Obstetric Cholestasis.

I have this condition. there is a post about it in 3rd tri ( http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=13763 ) Have a read :) Let us know if you have any questions :)

As for the small baby, sorry, i don't have much knowledge on this, but im sure someone will come along who does :)

:hug:

thank you! reading the links have helped it says some other symptons apart from itching is being sick or poor appetite and that is what is happening to me did that happen to you nearly everything i eat i bring back up and my appetite has decreased loads!

I was told throughout my pregnancy that I was measuring small etc.

When I was 36 weeks pregnant I agreed to see a student midwife to help her with her training. She told me baby felt big!!

Phoebe was born 39+6 weighing a healthy 7lb 14oz. So my midwife was wrong all along :?

Sorry to hear your having a rough time babes!

I hope things look up for you in these last few weeks :hug:

I suffered morning sickness really bad to start off with, and im not sure if it got better or if i got used to it! I did lose my appetite though, and still can't stand the thought of eating certain things (red meat :puke: ).

Tiredness! god, i cat nap when i can!!!! But my itching is worse overnight so i hardly sleep then.

If you do have OC, i go in daily for traces on babies heart. I have weekly bloods, and scans. Plus mountain loads of pills :) I also had steroid (sp)injections for baby. They tend to deliver at 37 weeks (big 10 day count down for me!).

Camolie lotion helps with the itching, and ive been given piriton as well. Plus, pop a damp flannel in the fridge! that is fantastic for if i wake in the middle of the night!!!

When do you find out your bile acid results?

Oh, and white cells in your wee could be an infection. But saying that they find all sorts of weird and wonderful things in my wee every time! :lol:

hopefully my midwife will be wrong about my baby being small then! it seemed like at the beginning my pregnancy was fine and good and now in the last few weeks its causing loads of problems thanks for your messages and replies i just hope everything will turn out fine! but i can't help worrying!!!

i get my bile acid results back next wednesday when i see my midwife again!! and hopefully i would of had my growth scan by then aswell :?

can they not get them sooner? I get mine the next day. Call on monday and ask. Im sure they would have them back by then!

still, there is one plus side - you get to see baby again!!! its amazing how much they have grown!!

I know it is easier said than done, but try not worry about it! :hug: we are all here if you need a chat! PM anytime.

i will ring on monday and see if i can get them sooner! yeh thats the good thing seein my little girl again! just got letter got my scan on monday at 9 so not long! thanks for caring and for you supportxx :hug:

make sure you let us know how it goes hun!

pm me if you want a chat at anytime! waiting for results is nasty!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back