Slow leaking amniotic fluid ...

X5OT

Reaction score
Well, I've been slowly but surely leaking since about 2am this morning. Wasn't sure at first whether it was a'fluid or whether my bladder had just decided it had had enough, but I'm pretty certain now that it's a'fluid. So, I'm thinking that's a good sign :D Have also been having more and more periody type back pain and some front pain as well over the past few days. Wouldn't call them contractions (but then I have no idea what a contraction can actually feel like), but they seem to come and go in waves. Sometimes every few mins for a couple of hours, then nothing for maybe half an hour.

Have had some breakfast and now just waiting for our consultant to phone me back and tell us what he wants us to do next :D

fingers crossed not long left for you then!

Good luck and keep us updated :hug: :hug:

Hoping things progress for you hun. Good Luck xxxx :hug:

:dance: Oooh - this sounds positive! Good luck hun :hug:

just about to head to hospital - am sure they will just send us home again! LOL

You have to keep your legs crossed! It's my turn next :roll: !!!!!!!! Seriously, good luck honey. :hug: :hug:

Hey hun...

congrats and good luck....

Get LOADS of pads, i had slow leaking amniotic fluid wednesday morning till thursday night (c sec)

Its a horrible feeling everytime u stand up having a mini "flood" lol

Coz ur waters have gone, they gave me 24 hours to birth(homebibrth) or i would be transfered into hosp and given a drip to speed up the birth.. dunno what hosp your in for there policy, but generally they wont let you go for a long time after waters have gone, especailly after 40 weeks....

Well, we're home again ... for now ...

have to go back for an antibiotic at 8pm tonight as waters will have been going 18 hours by then. I am not having contractions yet, and cervix is still closed (yucky internal exam). If things are still the same when we go back tonight, we'll decide on whether to be induced tomorrow morning (in which case they'll probably keep me in), or send us home again and get us to come back in the morning for another antibiotic jab and take things from there. The hospital policy is that they usually will not let you go more than 24 hours with waters leaking before inducing.

Looks like we may have a baby in the next day or 2 :cheer:

Aw hun

hope things kick off for you soon, thats how i was with my 2nd, every time i had a contraction i felt like i was wetting myself.

I'm sure you'll start getting the real 'contraction' pain soon and then you'll know its happening naturally

thinking of you, post back asap

Hope things get moving for you soon, good luck.

Went in for IV antibiotic and got home around 11pm. Still hadn't had any contractions, so induction booked for the morning. Have been up all of the night now with back pain +++ and contractions since 2am. Labour ward have told me its far too early to go in, so I'm trying to make it through until we are scheduled to go in at 10am for our induction. Paracetamol are not working and the pain gets even worse when I ile down, so no chance of any sleep :( Am knackered ...

Roll on epidural and then I can get some sleep!

Awww poor u hun :hug: Atleast your gonna be getting to hold your LO very soon tho. Good Luck for today xxxx :hug:

Just wondering if you're holding your little one yet :D

hope you're doing ok

good luck hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27