Slimming world

Jadey_404

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody know anything about slimming world, Or could anybody explain the diet to me.

I havent got a clue what syns. What sort of food can you eat?

Thanks

I've done slimming world twice now and it's great. Unfortunately every time I stop doing it, I turn into a junk-food eating whale, so I really ought to stick to it!

I'm going to be starting again with it next week. Hubby and I are going to be going to the classes.

Okay this is the simplified version:

The basic food plan is that you pick whether you want to have a Green day, or an Original day (I call them red days).

Green days :
you can eat as much as you like of:
pasta
potatoes
rice
but any meats or fish that you have, you have to weigh, and every so many grams counts as a syn.

Original days:
you can eat as much meat or fish that you like
but any pasta, potatoes or rice that you have, you have to weigh, and every so many grams counts as a syn.

On either day you can eat as much fruit and veg as you like. No limits.
You can also eat unlimited muller light yoghurts, and as much artificial sweetner as you like (so things like diet pop are unlimited too)
Things such as quorn are unlimited on either day too.

Anything else has a syn value (desserts, sweetened drinks, pre-packaged food, alcohol etc)

You're allowed 5-15 syns a day

In addition you have healthy extras each day. So for calcium, you are allowed a certain amount of milk or cheese every day. For fibre you're allowed a certain amount of cereals or bread every day. If you're having a green day, you can choose a certain amount of meat of fish as a healthy extra. If you have an original day, you can have a certain amount of potatoes for example as a healthy extra.

So sometimes you can get away with not using your syns at all, if for example you have a green day, but your dinner consists of meat and potatoes, if you have only a small amount of meat, and you haven't previously used that type of healthy extra for the day, you don't have to count it as a syn. If you go over the weight limit for the healthy extra though with the meat, any extra is counted as syns.

It's a lot of weighing is slimming world, but it's brilliant.

One of my fave dishes is making quorn spaghetti bolognese because you can eat as much of it as you like on a green day! And then I use cheese healthy extra to put on top of my spag bol.
:D

Once you get the hang of the green and original days, you can start getting more adventurous and move onto where you have three meals a day, and you choose for each individual meal whether its a green or original meal.
And then there's another version where you fill up your plate with 1 third meat AND starch, and the other two thirds you have 'free foods' (so veg or fruit)

but those are a bit more complicated. To start with you'll be sticking to the basic green or original day plan.

Im doing slimming world and i love it :D For example this morning for breakfast i had a HUGE plate of fried potatoes (fried in fry light), beans and eggs and that is all completely free so i can eat as many plates of that as i like!

thanks Xena! I start day after tomorrow!

My MIL was going to dig out her books for me but this is a great start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back