Slimmin world whilst pregnant??

Emmamb

Reaction score
Ok,I went to slimming world b4 I fell pregnant and lost my mojo just b4 fallin pg...since then my weight has rocketed and I'm tempted to go to my group tonight but not sure if it's gonna just b a waste of money. I know u can do it whilst pg and I'm not expectin to lose weight...just control it a bit more. Any input would b great xxx

I was wondering this too. Had been doing Slimming World on and off before I fell pregnant but since I found out my eating habits have been awful! Don't really want to pay to go back to class though and don't want to be weighed every week, as I am not concerned about how much weight I gain whilst pregnant, just don't want to gain an unhealthy amount through lazy eating. Think I am going to dig out my books and try to get back into the habit of planning meals with plenty of free foods and trying to limit 'treats'. I think as long as you are sensible and use it as a 'healthy eating template' rather than a diet it should be fine!

iv heard you can get vouchers for slimming world when pregnant might be worth asking mw iv gained 4st since being preggers once my band was emptied i started eating cat wait to get back to normal i have little or no will power:(

I'm just about to cancel my WW membership. Will be glad to talk to the MW about this in a fortnight. I have lost 3st on WW (although put on 7lb recently :-() Am keen to make sure I don't balloon unnecessarily but need to make sure the little one gets what it needs :)

im a slimming world target member (im a long way from target at the min lol) but a lady at my class in due in 2wks and had put 13lb on not fair lol.
I havent gone the last few months as it just upsets me too much but still talk to all my slimming world buddys and there saving me a seat for a few wks time I really cant wait.
But I havent done it wile pregnant I just cant out about 4 stone on but will being getting it off again soon i know I can do it.

I was v tempted to go but decided against it wen I realised how many syns were in the juice that I love lol x just gonna wait til after I've had baby b4 I rejoin xx

I really couldn't have done anything like that while preg.. I'm paying the price for it now though! 9 months on 9 months off xx

Hey Emma we had a lifestyle change in June after DH was dx with diabetes and all lost weight. So far Ive lost 21.5lbs and Im 10 weeks pregnant. Checked with MW and Dr who both said Im fine to keep loosing weight during pregnancy as long as I remember I am feeding two NOT eating for two....

So Id say as long as your having as healthy balanced diet as possible when sickness allows then you and lo should be fine....xxx

Go for it but just try not to get too down about your weight. I totally get why you want to go, to stay in control. Just don't punish yourself if you have a bad day...eating wise.:)

Totally agree laus.....with the sickness being pretty bad atm if I fancy something I normally might say no to I just have it....just being sensible isnt it...xxx

A hospital where i am training is doing a joint initiative with slimming world . Women who come to antenatal care there who have a raised BMI are asked if they wish to go to slimming world in order to control their weight gain and are given free vouchers to attend. Its not about slimming but about healthy eating. If you want to go, I would go but make sure you tell them you are pregnant and you dont want to lose weight but control your weight gain. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back