Slight panic...

calanacau

Reaction score
I've just realised that I have noooo idea how to look after a baby!!!
Aarrrrggghhhhhh feelimg so overwhelmed right now!!

DH seems to think that we can google our way through parenthood.. not quite the reassurance I was looking for mid meltdown lol!
Feel better knowing I'm not the only one :) xx

I've never even held a baby :) It will be different when it's your own though, that overwhelming feeling xx

google is a good tool........you just trust your instincts and it is true what they say...its different when its your own x

my mums advice is... if its wet change it, if its hungry feed it, if its cranky put it down to sleep, if its hot cool it down and use your common sense.

Thanks ladies, I hope so! All my friends are so natural with their children, I hope I am too!
I don't feel like I have enough time to learn everthing I need to know. My usual organised logic thinking self has taken a holiday when I need her most lol!
This is the last time I spend the evening looking through the Argos catalogue, it clearly induces panic! Xx

Aww bless you! I never forget when i was pregnant with my son i was petrified never held a baby in my life before him ha ha as i wouldnt dare in case i dropped them ( but never would drop them) but i think its different when its your own baby ... more comfortable etc. And it just comes naturally to you :) xxx

Thanks everyone, feeling much calmer today! I think the heat is sending me cuckoo! :) xxx

I had no idea with my son and didn't even go to the pre-natal classes. The nurses were a bit surprised when I turned up and said I just thought they'd tell me what to do...and they did! And it was a chilled out birth!

As for parenting, trust your instincts, it WILL come, you will be fine.

xx

See I've held kids.. My friends little girl is attached permanently to
My hip and lap when I see her and my friends says I'm a natural with that but we had lost touch when she was a baby so I never held her. My cousin lives away so I never held her little girl either... I'm terrified of the newborn holding like .. I keep thinking, what if I don't support he head and it falls off! Crazy I know but it's a fear lol

My best friend helped me face my "fears" over the weekend & left me to look after her 4month old for a whole two hours unsupervised... And it was fine! It was a lot different not feeling like people are looking over your shoulder silently criticising you lol.
I even did a nappy change :)
I'm still not completely panic free but feeling a tad better! X

Before I had kids I didn't know anyone with kids, didnt have any contact with kids, and lived half way round the world from my mum. Funny thing is that once you have your baby, you just know what to do. It's your baby, no one is going to tell you that you're doing it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back