Sleeping

Poppy1987

Reaction score
I have had trouble sleeping since about 31 weeks, I am now 35+2 and the past week hubby has been sleeping in the spare bedroom as I am keeping him awake, anyway I just cannot get comfy, I keep rolling on my back or front, I try to stay on my side with pillows but they move.

Can I hurt the baby by rolling onto my stomach? I wake up in the night and worry myself and then keep turning until I fall back off sleep again

Hi Poppy, I am 28 weeks and past few weeks my sleeps been awful. I wake up for wee breaks so much through night.
i have dream geni pillow but it gets on my nerves, feel trapped with it in bed
i have heartburn most nights
i have recently woken up and cant breath its like anxiety and need to sit up to get a good breath in
if i dont use pillow my bump hurts
i worry too if i am on my back
not slept in same room as boyfriend for past 6 weeks as i had a virul cough.
its tough but i have been told by MW that u cant hurt baby by laying on tummy, if its comfortable and u getting sleep then its fine
i do feel for you xx

I feel for you! I thought my night was bad but it seems I could have it worse! I get so tired in the day I look forward to bed time and then I lay awake! It looks like I will never catch up with my sleep before the baby comes

i know they say get as much sleep as u can but i feel that mother nature is preparing me for sleep deprevation already

I think I said this on another thread but I couldn't sleep at all at the end of my pregnancy. Once baby was born I've actually had way more sleep. If that's a reassurance to you.x

Last few nights I'm really starting to struggle! Must be the curse of 31 weeks lol. I'm constantly waking up with horrendous heartburn or needing the loo, then when I try and lay on my left side (my preferred position!) my leg goes numb! Grrr wishing the weeks away! Xx

I'm the same, can't sleep and feel I'm being 'prepped' for sleep deprivation too,
Heart burn, restless legs, achy hips, peeing too often and short of breath a lot too. So uncomfortable, can't wait till baby is here! Xx

Tapatalking. X

I think I said this on another thread but I couldn't sleep at all at the end of my pregnancy. Once baby was born I've actually had way more sleep. If that's a reassurance to you.x

I second this! Sleeping whilst pregnant was impossible, sleeping once baby was here, although a little interrupted, was much better, and the quality of sleep I better too. :)

Definitely agree Nicnax! I'll take interrupted sleep over being uncomfortable and getting 1-2hours any day. It gets better ladies I promise!

I just posted in the insomnia thread.

I didn't sleep well from about 6 months onwards. I would wake up several times and have trouble getting back to sleep.

So I've now not slept for longer than 4 hours in one go for about 9 months :shock:

I would say rest as much as you can, even if you are having a crap sleep, resting should help energise you.

xxxxx

Yeah I can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep! I'm assuming it's baby preparing me for night feeds haha x

I wake up and I cant breath some nights its awful. I have suffered with anxiety and feels same. Tbh I can exsit on 4 hrs albeit ratty.com

Another awful nights sleep for me! but at least it's the weekend so I can relax on the sofa allllll day!!!!!!

Me too.boo hoo.me and boyfriend not been in same bed for a.few months after I had.a bad virul cough . first night back in bed together was lovely but I was conscious I was keeping him awake.my back was stiff.my legs were.restless and my arm went dead. 3 wee breaks too.7brs of broken sleep but I feel ok.gonna get in garden today and watch boyfriend do gardening. Ha ha
Have a great day.
Have acupuncture today so hoping he can sort my stiffness out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back