Sleeping through the night with washable nappies

moss

Reaction score
I was planning on asking this before I noticed the similar thread below, but I have been wondering about babies sleeping through the night with cloth nappies. The Bamboozles get saturated so I have been putting Jacob in Nature babycares but I'd prefer to keep him in washables. He's a heavy wetter (I think). He sleeps for around seven hours but it's always his nappy that wakes him and then we end up in a marathon feeding session. What can I do?

We had the same problem, we use Mothercare Smart nappies and even with two nappy inners at night he'd still get saturated. We couldn't find a way around it so like you we use Nature Babycare at night as its the only way he'll stay dry. :wink:

Same here :? Tried putting a booster in too but had no joy with that either.

We use Bamboozle type nappies and in the early days we did change him during the night but as he got older, his nappy didn't need changing so much. He now doesn't wake to be changed, although I did last night at 2am because he's got chickenpox and drinking loads of fluids. We use a booster folded into 2 or 3 which is sufficient, plus Motherease wraps to prevent any leakages.

Kylie1007, which boosters do you use? Where can you get them? I am having a hard time finding any.

I just use Nature babycare at night.

I have thick microfibre boosters for night but never used them :lol:

We use Bamboozles during the day but at night we use Fluffles with a hemp booster. They are absolutely fantastic.

when you find out.. let me know will you :p.. no jsut kidding.. ted cant wear disposables in the night.. theres no point.. he needs 3 changes if he does.. so.. we pretty much boost to the max...he has a nappy and a terry square folded in to a booster on the outside of the nappy between the nappy and wrap.. hes like a sumo going to bed but it works.. we use wool or a large/xl wrap..

moss said:
Kylie1007, which boosters do you use? Where can you get them? I am having a hard time finding any.

well our nappies came with them but all that they are is a double layer of bamboo in a kind of rectangle/oval shape so I guess they'd be easy to make out of a towel or terry nappy. The size 2 nappies we use have got them sewn in already that I just fold towards the front for my little boy. Ours are from Lollipop nappies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back