Sleeping position

LauraKC

Reaction score
I put a thread on here about my rib and back ache which seems to be worse when i wake in the morning.

I heard somewhere that you cant sleep on you rback at this stage of pregnancy. Is this correct and what is the exact reason for this? Ive heard all sorts from placenta complications to piles.

At nighttime i therefore sleep on my side and as well as the above i am waking up with dead leg and dead arm / arm ache. what can i do?! i have ten more weeks of this! :shock:

You can sleep on your back, so long as your not totally flat, make sure you are well propped up with pillows. This is what my MW said to me, as I was worried as I kept waking on my back!

If its any consolation hun, you will be achy/dead legs when you wake, this gets worse throughout the last few weeks as you get bigger, miserable I know! :hug:

the main reason your not supposed to sleep on your back is your vena cava ( main artery) can be pressed on by the baby, which in turn limits blood flow to the placenta, its ok if your propped up but lying flat is a no-no

best position is on your left side, as this gives the baby the most blood flow :cheer:

My baby sits on the right and I sleep on my right - she must get squished lol

I usually sleep on my side but keep getting sore hips, i can't sleep on my back cos i can't breathe. I also always wake up almost sleeping on my front with the baby kicking like mad so i must be squashing him. Does anyone else find they can't breathe when they first lie down? I'm alright after a couple of mintes but when i first get into bed i'm gasping for breath. Not very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back