sleeping on my tummy - advice

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else is like this but usually I like to sleep on my tummy. But past week or so I have started to feel uncomfortable sleeping that way mainly cause I am worried I will squish the LO :?

Will it harm the baby if I sleep on my front at this mid-stage? As I woke up last night for the loo and was asleep on my tummy it seems when I finally get to sleep I roll over into my fav sleeping position :rotfl:

Any advice would be great!

I used to sleep on my tummy all the time, can't do it now , it makes me feel really sick to think im squshing it.I put a big pillow each side of me so that my tummy feels snugged and sleep on my sides. OH hates it cause he cant get near me ! thats fine by me though :lol: x

As long as it's still comfy for you to lie on your tummy, it should be fine, but once you get bigger it's just not possible to even comtemplate lying on your tum!!

apparently the best position to sleep in is your left side....and also not sure if its during the later stages of pg that you arent supposed to sleep on your back. that doesnt help with your question though :doh: i think if you feel comfortable sleeping on your front for now then thats fine, youll get to a stage where you cant anyway... :think:

like you .... I love sleeping on my tummy !!!! and up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago would often wake up and find myself on my tummy

but it doesn't happen now though ... if I lie on my tummy at all., my little baby gives me a good couple of kicks to wake me up and make me turn back on my side.,

I must say that I love being pregnant but can't wait to get back to sleeping on my tummy !!!

I started to get uncomfortable on my tummy a few weeks ago, can't lie on my front at all now - bump is completely in the way. Gutted cos that's how I used to read in bed!

i still lie half on my tummy with kind of one leg out as i find this the most comfiest to sleep in.

i always lie with one leg hooked out the covers!!

Hi Vicky
I read that you are ok up until 6 months to sleep on your tummy or back. after that it shoudl be on your side all the way.
Hope this helps
Laura xx

i love to sleep on my tummy but its hurt my boobs to do so since 8 or 9 weeks
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231