Sleeping on your tummy...

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I don't sleep on my front anymore but I often lay on my front for a while because I find it so comfy. Everytime I do though I feel bad like I could be harming the baby, but I'm not showing yet. When does it become un-safe to lay on your tummy?

I'd say when it becomes uncomfortable - as soon as I got a bump putting even the slightest pressure on there is uncomfortable.

When you do get a bump if you like front sleeping a nice way to lie is on your side with the underneath leg straight and the leg on top bent up and forward - that way you kind of lie inbetween sideways and on your front but your leg takes your weight iykwim - I'm not very good at explaining :) Here's a pic to try and explain :)

untitled.jpg

By the way, i'm not an artist :moon:

I agree with Andrea oh and nice pic. :D

Your baby is cushioned in a bubble of amneotic fluid. I think (though if others know differently please correct me!) that certainly at your stage no harm whatsoever will come to baby from you sleeping on your front. You will have to move to your side as you grow because, regardless of whether it is safe for baby or not, it will be too uncomfortable for you, so you might want to try sleeping on your side from time to time to get used to it while it is optional :D I sleep the way that Andrea the artist :D suggests, so I'm leaned forward a bit.

I sleep on my side with the love of my life my body pillow
I used to sleep on my tummy with one leg draw up but have not been able to do that for some times as its just to uncomfotable.
And i hate lying on my back your not supposed to anyway.
My Body pillow is a life saver. When you get a bit further along i'd reccomend you get one

I asked my midwife about this because I too enjoy sleeping on my tummy. The midwife said its not harmful and is perfectly safe to sleep on your tummy and that your baby will tell you when its time to move to a different position as it will be uncomfortable.

i wish i could still sleep on my belly :(
i think aslong as your not uncomfortable then its fine :)
manda xx

I miss sleeping on my tummy, I just find it too uncomfortable, and have for a couple months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back