He hates sleeping!!!!

claire2711

Reaction score
Well, I got the idea in my head that at 3 months maybe wee man would start to sleep through, or at least drop a feed. No such luck :( Just now here's what happens every night....

Feeds about 10pm ish, then off to sleep in his moses basket (we keep it in living room with us, but its dark and quieter than normal) He wakes up at 1ish when we all go to bed.....taking him to bedroom doesnt usually bother him, he just wakes up at that time anyway. Then he's up at 5am ish for a feed, and up for good at about 7.30/ 8am. EDIT - he doesnt nap for long during day....his longest nap is about 30 mins! :shock:

Any ideas of how we can get him to sleep longer?we keep him in with us till we go to bed cos he can now flip onto his belly :shock: and I dont like him sleeping like that as its a higher risk of SIDS isnt it?

Any help would be great girls i'm SO tired :bored: :cry:

I'm one of the worst to ask or answer. My 8 1/2 month old has never slept through the night yet and feeds anything from twice to ten times LOL

Good to see im not the only one lol! Thought I was doing something wrong when i kept seeing posts about babies starting to sleep through :lol:

My bub is similar to you Claire, i've decided to take the attitude he will sleep through when he's ready, maybe one night he'll surprise me lol!!

IM sure your lo will too...

:hug:

I started cluster feeding my LO and then a big feed at bedtime. He then started sleeping 8 hours on a regular basis, would wake for a feed around 4am and then go back to sleep for a couple of hours. This then turned in to 10 hour sleeps but now he wakes in the night once or twice again (teething etc).

I'd start putting him to bed sooner and not keep him downstairs with you anymore. If he is sleeping in your room, then start putting him to bed in there. Our LO used to sleep in his basket downstairs till we went to bed around 10-11pm but we stopped this at around 12 weeks when we realised his feeding at night was something we could possibly start to drop. It just made for a more settled environment for him and he slept longer upstairs.

Get a bedtime routine of sorts, something your LO will hopefully start to recognise as 'bedtime'. Getting into his PJ's, having a bath or wash, a cuddle and a boob feed and into his basket. We did this over a few weeks and made it earlier every few days till we got to 8pm. LO within 2 weeks was choosing to go to go to bed sooner at 7pm (he would get grumpy and rub his eyes). Cluster feeding in late afternoon and early evening helped us also. Did this for about 3 weeks so his tummy was really full.

i feel for you, theo used to be exactly the same. he never used to sleep in the day time. and if he did it was for 15-20mins. then he'd wake 2 or 3 times for feeds in the night also.
i was shattered. my SIL follows the gina ford routine, andwe started this at about 8weeks old. i just woke theo up at 7am in the morning, and at 9am put him in his bed,gave him a kiss, and he stayed there untill 10am, he did cry, infact he screamed for about 15mins,
then put him down for a nap 12-2pm
then again at 4-5pm
bath time at 6pm, bed at 7pm.

i never thought it would work, i read gina ford book when i was pregnant and though, ooo taht sounds goood, but tried it when theo was about 5weeks, and it didnt work at all (he just just too young). after talking to SIL who has 2 girls who are briliant sleepers, it encouraged us to try again and it worked, it took about 3days, thats all. and we did have to leave theo to have a little cry, but now we just put him in his bed for nap time, bed time, he goes in awake and just lays there untill he falls asleep, no tears! its the best thing ive done starting a routine, if you have got the time and the patience (it takes alot) then its brilliant. defo recomend it. theo is so mich happier. you also follow a feeding routine, but it all works out, and theo sleeps all through the night now, 7pm- 7am! (up untill 1 week ago he did wake in the night but it was only at 5am)

if not, then im sure he'll just do it one night, theo did... i however still wake up at 5am every morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back