Sleeping bags??

Calli

Reaction score
I've been bought a couple of baby sleeping bag outfits and on the information it says that these can be used instead of blankets/sheets. Does anyone know if that's right???
I haven't bought any blankets yet, although I've bought the moses basket and cot (cot comes with undersheet and overblanket). With the sleeping bag, can I just put baby in that and straight in the moses basket? If so, I won't go mad on buying little blankets.

hey hun

there is a ot of confilcting advice on sleeping bags!! some say you can use them form birth as long as baby cant wriggle into them, and some say they are not recommended straight from birth!! :shakehead:

i used them with my second son when he was about 4 weeks old and i used to have a sheet on the cot then one over the top of him dependant on what the weather and temp of room was!! so not sure what to suggest for the best to you :) xxx

someone else might have better advice :) xx

Yes you use sleeping bags instead of blankets. i bought one from 0-6months but prob wont put baby in it when hes born. but i will still buy blankets too (but not use them when im using sleeping bag) x

I'm not really sure myself!! I've bought a couple that are from birth but I don't think I'm going to use them immediately. I've bought some celular blankets for the first couple of weeks xx

We used them from a couple of months as she kept kicking the blankets off. If their head can't get through the gap then they are ok to use but use your own discretion.

Once Isla could stand up we stopped using them as she got frustrated and would fall over.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I think I'll invest in some blankets then afterall. At least to use for the first few weeks and then we can see how he gets on.

Im using blankets and may try a sleeping bag once she goes into her cot xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back