• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sleeping bags - any advice/tips?

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Hi girls :D

I'm thinking of buying a sleeping bag/grow bag thing for Isla and she is always kicking her covers off in the night as she is such an active baby. I'm hoping if she keeps warm and snug that she might drop of back to sleep, rather than wake up fully!

How many of you use them? What do you think?

C xxx

We use them

I have one from Tesco and one from Asda - love them both :D

They are fab since Finlay does the same thing as your LO ;)

I love them. We've used one since Finn was about 2 or 3 months I suppose. They're nice because it keeps them at the right temperature and when they get to Finn's age, he wriggles and moves around a lot before he drops off to sleep so blankets would be useless. Also if you go away, they're something that baby recognises rather than hotel blankets & you can use them as part of bedtime routine. We use Mothercare's own ones.

Maia has used then since newborn, well since about 2 weeks old.

Theyre great, means she stays warm all night. I have some from Matalan and Sainsburys along with M&P.

I used them with my son from about 2 months or so, having got fed up of him kicking his blankets off!! This time with Eden we skipped the blankets altogether and used sleeping bags from birth. They are so much easier and still keep baby nice and cosy x :hug:

Lucy was a little little one, so I waited until she was two months-ish as she was also kicking blankets off. She's taken to them perfectly, and it's so much easier than tucking her in. I also think being in her sleeping bag is a bedtime cue, like Kylie was saying.

I'm definitely getting more for when she's bigger.

I like the Grobag ones the best. Always get them in the clearance bit in TK Maxx - bargainous!

love them ! my only tip is to get one that zips not poppers , when she's older you will thank me lol as trying to do poppers up when there wriggling is stressfull lmao get 2.5 tog for winter ( and then i just lay a cellular blanket over if its cold , and a 1 tog for summer , i did get a 0.5 tog this summer too but leland was in a helmet and mega hot . we make do with 2 , i think i had 3 when lil cos he was soooo sicky.

We have used them since Ella was a week old and they are great, she sees them as a bedtime signal now (I have started using them tto get her to go to sleep in the day too!) We had the Mothercare ones to begin with, now we have a Matalan one and an Asda one which are just as good, but come up a lot smaller - Ella is in the 12-18month ones and they are getting too small already.

If you look in the Mothercare catalogue it tells you what to dress them in for the temp in your room, I found this really useful in the beginning.

We used 1 tog for the summer and have 2.5 tog now, we had 3 to begin with as she used to be sick/wee on them during night feeds and nappy changes! We now have 2, so that we have less of a panic to wash them!

I have one and not even trid it as Esme has to be swaddledat night or I get no sleep so I put it on the for sale section.

I want an adult one to stop hubby stealing the covers :lol:

Thanks girls :hug:

I bought her two 2.5tog ones from Primark - bargain, £6 each! :cheer:

She's been asleep in hers since about 8pm this evening - so far so good!

C xxx

I think they're fantastic. I never used one with my first (not even sure you could get them then) but have with the others and it's saved nights of worrying about covers coming off!!!

I love Layla's grobag. I have a 2.5tog grobag and a john lewis 1 tog. I've been using it since layla was about 4 months. She goes straight into sleep mode when she's snuggled into it. Ditto as said above, I def prefere the zip ones.

DD really loves hers but as a few have said the zip ones are better (see my sleeping baby thread in pics section :doh: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back