sleep?

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Well Kiara had been sleeping 9-5 am eating and going back tobed till about 830 ish but for the past week she has not been sleeping at all wakes up every half hour toan hour and wants to be nursed back to sleep, ive tried letting her cry and sat beside her telling her its okay, but she wont sleep unless shes nursed and put in the bed with us i thought i had finally broken this habit and have no idea whats going on?
any suggestions to helpher sleep through the night?
yesterday she never even had her afternoon nap and still wouldnt sleep
thanks
Katrina

Oh no thats sounds like nightmare! its hard when they change suddenly and you dont know why.

alex went through a patch of waking two/ three times a night a while back (when he'd gone through since 10 weeks). i'm a bit of a mean mummy when it comes to things like this so wont be offended if the way i handled it isnt for you - works for me but we're all different! just thought i'd share what i did incase it helps :D

i never get alex out of his cot once he's gone down (except if he's been sick/poo etc) if he wakes he gets stroked, told its ok, dummy back in. and then we say goodnight again and leave the room. we'd leave him for five mins then do it again. i have never fed him in the night since he dropped that feed as i figured he cant really need it. and sure enough he would go back to sleep within an hour to start with and then it got less and less till he stopped doing it.

as i say crontrolled crying isnt everyones cup of tea and it is hard. have never had anything oher then smiles when he wakes up though so i guess he doesnt blame me!

x

Hi

Thanks i tried that but i stayed in the room which doesnt help, i geuss ill see what i can do untill we get her room back then it will be much easier i dont think this heat helps much either.
I think i will start monday and try the controlled crying and see if that works for us
Thanks
Katrina

Hi Katrina

Do you think Keira might be teething? Olivia went through periods of waking frequently during the night when she was getting a tooth through.

Lucy

Lucy said:
Hi Katrina

Do you think Keira might be teething? Olivia went through periods of waking frequently during the night when she was getting a tooth through.

Lucy

Same here, and that was the only symptom he had so I had no idea what was causing it till he cut his first tooth.

Hi

Maybe the nurse thinks this, teething cuz when they are gettign teeth they dont get into much of a deep sleep and wake suddenly and frequently, or cuz its way too frickin hot lol, also said that she prob needs her room back since she aint had it in months and thinks cuz she can see us is the reason she wants to sleep in the bed with us ect.
so many things that could be wrong with her, wish she could talk.
Thata one reason i feel bad if i left her crying if something was actually wrong :(
guess i will have to wait and see what happens

Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back