Sleep and routine

Zara96

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Anyone got any advice on what is to do best shall I start a routine with my DD first, get her into a routine and then start putting her in her cot as she isn't sleeping in her cot atm and she didn't really have a really so im not sure do I get her into a routine then start getting her into the cot or do I start routine and out her in the cot all in one go? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

We started a bedtime routine, bath, story, bottle then bed every night and DD in own room and sleeps through most nights from 7.30pm til 7.00am, (there are a few times she wakes up just for a cuddle but 90% of the time she’s good!) I would start getting first one into a routine and into her cot before new baby arrives but whatever you feel comfortable with x

I agree with @Outofsync, start the routine and then try to put her in the cot.
I put on the TV for the eldest one to watch one show before bedtime, which gives me 30 min to get DD2 to bed. I make her bottle, then nappy change, small wash, put on sleeping bag, go upstairs into her room and into the rocking chair. I give her a bottle while rocking and when she starts to get sleepy and slow her drinking, I burp her gently and put her to bed. She goes down without a sound on most days.
Good luck hun!x

We started a bedtime routine, bath, story, bottle then bed every night and DD in own room and sleeps through most nights from 7.30pm til 7.00am, (there are a few times she wakes up just for a cuddle but 90% of the time she’s good!) I would start getting first one into a routine and into her cot before new baby arrives but whatever you feel comfortable with x
Thanks for your advice yes that's what I am aiming for might make my life a little bit easier I think. Xx

I agree with @Outofsync, start the routine and then try to put her in the cot.
I put on the TV for the eldest one to watch one show before bedtime, which gives me 30 min to get DD2 to bed. I make her bottle, then nappy change, small wash, put on sleeping bag, go upstairs into her room and into the rocking chair. I give her a bottle while rocking and when she starts to get sleepy and slow her drinking, I burp her gently and put her to bed. She goes down without a sound on most days.
Good luck hun!x
Thank you so much fingers crossed it all works out for me. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back