Sleep advice needed

katie_lou

Reaction score
I need some help badly my LO use to sleep through the night but she had suddenly stopped this does not bother me what does is the fact that every night she wakes up about 11 and I can't resettle her I have tried everything and nothing works . She will scream the house down and the only way she will settle is laying on my chest . I want to get her out of this habit but am finding it do hard . People keeping saying on it will get easier but I feel like everything is do much harder xxx

Aw hun you poor thing :( Angel started doing this on/off around 4-5 months, all we did was just persevere and that's all the advice I can offer really. Is she waking from hunger? xx

I do offer her a bottle and she refused . She wriggles about loads in her sleep flapping her arms and legs about and I think that's what wakes her as sometimes she hits herself in the face x

I think it's quite common for this to happen at around 4 months. Same with Samira, unfortunately, and quite a lot of other babies on here from what I've read who are a similar age. I think it's meant to last a few weeks and then get better again. Sorry, this is probably not quite what you wanted to hear - I wish I had a miracle cure! :wink:

Wow - I was just coming in to write almost exactly the same thing!! G has always woken for feeds at about 2-3 and 5-6. And used to settle no probs, but recently the only way she'll go back over is in with me. Started out at its the 5am feed, but last couple of nights it was the first one.

I've tried cuddling her to sleep And putting her back but she flailed about so much she woke herself.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I'm having the exact same problem... It's exhausting me as I am awake most of the night at the moment. Emily will settle in my arms but the second I lie her down she wakes up and cries. :-(

It's a v difficult stage- I remember crying a lot and feeling I couldn't cope! There was a thread yesterday about 4 month sleep regression I think- worth a read! ....I know its hard but it will improve, just have to ride it out as best u can and know that u aren't doing anything wrong! It's a developmental thing. Hang in there hun, things will b much better when ur out the other side!* BIG HUG *

It's a v difficult stage- I remember crying a lot and feeling I couldn't cope! There was a thread yesterday about 4 month sleep regression I think- worth a read! ....I know its hard but it will improve, just have to ride it out as best u can and know that u aren't doing anything wrong! It's a developmental thing. Hang in there hun, things will b much better when ur out the other side!* BIG HUG *

I feel like that , I got so upset last night and I just kept thinking what am
I doing wrong x

I think we are just entering this dreaded stage too!! Chloe used to sleep through from 7 - 5 and now wakes once or twice and is just chattering to herself and then starts winging! Not looking forward to the regression hitting big time! x

Stanley went through this at 4 months he's now going through it again :( it only last a couple of weeks xxx

I feel like that , I got so upset last night and I just kept thinking what am
I doing wrong x

You're not doing anything wrong hun- its just a v difficult time for them! Felt like it was gonna lasy forever at thw time but it doesn't and afterwards things were loads better! Do whatever works to help LO sleep and don't stress about bad habits forming- just get thru it and I'm sure bubs will b much better in a few more weeks xxx

Yep we have just come out the other side and it is so frustrating, I thought I was going to have him sleeping on me for the rest of his life!! Lol!! All I can say is that it isnt easy and it does pass you just have to ride it out and give them loads of love and cuddles!! They go through so much change at the moment and their little brains need to process it so they sleep very lightly and therefore wake up very easily!! I liken it to when you have a lot on oyur mind you find it hard to sleep and it is the same with them!! Harrison is now back to sleeping through so it does end!!
xxxx

Thanks everyone . Fingers crossed it doesn't last much longer x

I think we are starting this 4 month sleep regression too... She was up at 11, 12:30, 2, 4, 5:30 and woke at 7:30. Soooo tired! She normally does 12:30-1 and 4:30-5 and I cn handle that. Apparently they sleep better once this regression is over, so hang in there! Xx

I do offer her a bottle and she refused . She wriggles about loads in her sleep flapping her arms and legs about and I think that's what wakes her as sometimes she hits herself in the face x

Could you try swaddling her? We had the same problem with our little girl jerking loads in her sleep and found swaddling helped... might be a bit hard in this heat but maybe when its cooler?

I know some mums dont agree with it, but we also found the CC worked although we didnt do it to the extreme, just 5 mins at a time go back up etc...

Xx

Iv tried swaddling and she hates it lol . I got so upset last night and I was getting frustrated as I was that tired . My LO was screaming so I put her in the bit and walked out the room for a min to compose myself and my oh went why did u walk out and leave her and I said because am getting frustrated and I needed a min to myself and he said ' why incase u hit her ' I cud not believe he said it . I was so angry I said no I left the room as I was getting frustrated and the baby can sense it and it's prob making her worst . I would never hurt a hair on my babas head . It upset me so much and made me feel like crap . I was thinking am sure that am not the only mum who has needed a min to cal
Themselves . He did say sorry after but it broke my heart him saying that . Sorry for going on just need to get it out x

Poor u! I had similar situation with my OH once- don't think they think before they speak sometimes!! I think u r normal to need a minute to walk away and compose yourself! My hv said to me as long as LO is safe go up the end of the garden and swear if u need to in order to calm down! Don't feel bad hun, u r just a normal mummy who is doing her best!! X

Men sure do say things without thinking dont they! Im sure he didnt mean it, maybe he was getting a bit frustrated too?

We all get like that, thats why we had to do controlled crying cos i was doing all i could to not get mad - its hard to think why someone could get mad with a baby, but when your tired and need a minute for a split second you do get angry.. doesnt mean you will lash out at your baby! You did the right thing, like you said baby can sense your frustration and that will make them more agitated!

Hope everything is ok :( its a horrible situation to be in! But i can agree with other mums, it does get easier.. .

Not necessarily baby sleeping as that can take years so ive heard but you get used to the not sleeping unfortunately! Its just when they sleep through one night, then they dont the next few... you get used to that again and they change it again!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back