Skiing and pregnancy

meb

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a ski holiday booked for Jan 20th and i have just discovered i am 7 weeks pregnant. this is my first pregnancy so really dont know what to expect over the next couple of weeks - sickness tiredness etc. I think that i shouldnt ski on this holiday but other half thinks at this early stage all should be ok - any one got any thoughts? thanks

also apart from tiredness and a queasy feeling i havent felt sick or had any other symptons am i lucky or is this a bad sign?

thanks

M

Hello,

Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't feel sickness etc - congrats on pregnancy :dance:

As for the skiing, check out this link:

http://www.pregnancy.org/article.php?sid=1075

At the end of the day it is up to you, and how you feel but just be careful you don't have a fall.

Laura xx

Hi Meb,

personally, i wouldnt' risk it although it's probably fine medically. The actual act of skiing is probably fine, it's just if you fell or got hit with anything it wouldn't be very good.

I'm not an expert though, other peps might know alot more than me about these things.

From what I've read you'll probably get quite tired in the coming weeks, so it might take a lot out of you. But you might be one of the lucky ones.

I'm even worried about teaching swimming for 2 saturdays later in the month!!

xxx

Thanks for the quick replies and the link to the article was great, i think in my heart i knew the answer but i needed to be convinced. Looks like this holiday will be a case of wrapping up warm and walking to the mountain cafe for hot choclate and cakes!!!

I love to ski and have done since I was seven and although I am good at it, other people aren't and could crash in to you, I personally wouldn't risk it, the idea of walking around the skiing village and drinking hot chocolate all wrapped up is very appealing though, take loads of good books and soak up the atmosphere!! And in two years time you get to introduce the little one to skis as well, thats our plan!!!

Hi missac
thanks for that - the little one will definatly be on skis as soon as possible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back