Size of baby? Myth?

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Aparantly everyone around me strongly beleives your first baby is usually your lightest and they get heavier as you go on..

is this true?

experiences please?

i'm scared because Kade being baby#1 was 9lbs 1oz, and seriously.. i don't want Logan to be any bigger!

xx

I know someone who is a Mum of 4 and hers did not all get bigger each pregnancy. Her third was the smallest.

Also my friend had three children and her second was a boy and bigger than her first. But her third was smaller than the other two and a girl.

it was right for me but my mum had 3 and her first was the heaviest

I seriously hope it's not true for me!! Tally was about as big as i can handle.

I was the first and smallest my brother was bigger and my sister was smaller then him so not totally true for my family

With my Mum they got heavier as they went along (there are 4 of us) but she has no idea if we were early, late or on time (family planning wasn't a strong point!)
My friend is one of five and they were mixed - her Mum reckoned summer babies were lighter than winter ones.

I have a friend who is in the same position as you - her first were around 10lb and she is expecting her second and terrified. I think you can get a late scan to assess the size if you/MW thinks it might be an issue. Another friend was induced at her due date as first baby was quite big, and they wouldn't let her go over.

I am sure this one is bigger than my first - measuring a week ahead of himself.

not true, mine were

8lb 10oz
8lb 12oz
7lb 14oz
8lb 6oz
8lb 12oz
10lb ish

not true for me either.

1st 6lb 9 (40 weeks)
2nd 5lb 4 (38 weeks)
3rd 7lb 5 (37 wks)

My first was 10lbs 10oz (42 weeks + 4)

my second was 10lbz 1oz (42 weeks + 1)

thank GOD mine didn't get heavier haha!

Mine got bigger so far
7lbs 12
8lb 7
8lb9

But my mums didnt my older sis was 6lb something, I was 8lbs 13 and my younger sis was 6lb something!

lil miss was earlier and bigger

Tia (41+1) - 8lb9oz
Lil miss (39) - 8lb15oz

Funnily enough though in physical bump size, I was actually smaller with lil miss than with Tia... :think:

I thought this too, but it didnt work out that way for me. My first was 8lb 14oz, and my second 8lb 6oz. Boys are generally slightly bigger than girls tho, so thats something else to bear in mind, depends which order your kids come in!

not true for me

7lb 10oz (41+2)
7lb (38 weeks)
7lb 1.50z (38 weeks)
7lb 7.5oz (41+3)

True for me

7lb 10 (38 weeks)
8lb 2oz (42 weeks)
9lb 8oz (40 weeks)

Isaac 8lb 2oz
Ophelia 5lb 11oz (at 37+1)

So nope they don't get heavier in my case :D

True for me which is very scary!

Chloe (36 induced) = 5lb 13oz
Molly (40+5) = 9lb 5oz
Roxy (40 +5) = 10lb - shoulder dystiocia. Her head was out for 20 min before they could get her shoulders free :shock:

My labours also got quicker each time which is another one of these myths which was true for me.

So I'm a little nervous this time. I'll prob have a huge baby born in under an hour! My MW reckons this one will be bigger but is very unhelpful regarding growth scans etc. Just said, "oh no we probably won't do that." :evil:

Mine were both 8lb 12oz. :) But my mums were 7lb 12, 10lb 2, 9lb 3 so not true for her.

iv only had one baby but my mum had 2 live babies- me and my lil sis- and we were both exactly the same 6lb 12oz. however my sis was a week early and i was on due date (i was the first baby) so my sis mightve been a bit heavier if she'd stayed in another week :think: probably not much tho.

my baby was 7lb 7oz and im tiny so i hope it's not true as i want another one day! more worried about head size than weight tho my LO's head circ was 35cm which is bigger than average- ouch!

Not for me! Aaron was 8lb 8.5oz 14 days late and Tamzin was 7lb 13oz 12 days late. My consultant said past due date babies don't really gain weight but I don't know how true that is :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back