small mum = small baby?????

Magic Monkey

Reaction score
From your experiences, do small women really have small babies?

My midwife assured me that I will have a baby that is matched to my size, but I am a bit concerened that my pelvis is going to be too small to deliver the baby naturally.

I am 5'0", have size 3 feet and pre pregnancy I weighed around 7 1/2 stone and was a size 6-8. I have only put on about a stone and a half and i am all bump (i can still get my normal jeans on under my bump).

Is anyone else a similar size and what were your experiences please.

Im 5''4, size 5 feet, weighed 8ish stone b4 bein preggas and I had an 8lb 14oz baby haha :shock: :lol:

i was 8lb at birth, OH was 6lb and Jam was bigger than we were told at 6lb 6oz :roll:

I'm 5 7 weight 6 1/2 stone pre 1st pregnancy and gave birth to a 7 pounds 1 ounce baby :)

Well im completely wrong then,

i'm 5"0 size 5 feet and i weigh about 11 stone and Owen was 9lb 12oz :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

my midwife said owen was going to be no bigger than 7lb 7oz what went wrong!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Generally no, small Mom doesn't necessarily equal a small baby. Baby's size can be affected by a number of factors such as Mothers/ fathers weight at birth,genetics, gestational diabetes etc....I've known petite mothers to have 10lb plus babies!

However if it's any consolation to you, I am 5 Ft tall, size 3 shoes too - with my first child I weighed 6st 10 pre pregnancy, 9st 4 at full term and he was 6lb 9.5 oz.(3000g)
With my daughter I weighed 7st 2 pre pregnancy, 9st 6 at full term and she was 6lb 10.5 (3020g).

My mum... is only 5ft tall and has size 3 shoes.. (she has to by kids shoes sometimes because the adult ones don't go that small.. :rotfl: )

And I popped out 7lb 12oz... remembering I was two weeks early too :rotfl: :rotfl: God knows what I would have been if I was on time.. AND... her labour was dead fast too.. :)

Sass, I was about the same size as you before pregnancy (never be a size 6 again though lol)....don't know how much I put on coz I don't weight myself but Dylan was 7lb 12oz so he wasn't small xx

I am size 10 and had a huge baby (8lb 12) my mum is tiny 5 foot 2 and had a huge baby (10lb 10, my brother) and my nan who is even tinier (4ft 11) and size 6 had my mum (9lb 9) so sorry hun i think that theory is blown out of the window....... :rotfl:

I'm 5ft 1in and weighed 9 stone pre-pregnancy, was 6lbs at birth, hubby was 6lbs at birth and our baby was 4lbs 15oz :wink:

im tiny, im 5'4", size 4 feet, weighed 6st 7 before pregnancy, had a 7lb 7oz baby.

my mum is also 5'4" size 4 feet, think she was 8st and i was 6lb 12oz as a baby (so was my lil sis)

think rachelandjarvis is even tinier than me but hannah was heavier than millie :think:

My best friend's a size 6 and her son was about 10lb, can't remember the ounce bit, he's nearly 4 now heehee
I'm overweight and my son was only 8lb 2oz.
You don't know what size your LO will be until they're born and so there's no reason to worry about it in my opinion. It is true mother nature will not let you 'grow' a baby that's too big for you to give birth to, although there are always special circumstances. Most assisted deliveries are not because baby was too big, but because of other factors such as drugs.
Very best wishes, if you were too small, your labour wouldn't progress so please try to relax :hug: :hug: :hug:

My mums only 4ft 11ft and weighed 6st and I was 8lb 8oz and my sister was 8lb 5oz so not that small :D

I am 5'4" and weighed 7 1/2 stone pre-pregnancy and had quite a small bump - and LO was quite small at 6lb 1oz. But my Mum is about 5'1" and a size 8 and my sister was 8lb 2oz so don't think there's any connection! :D

this one made me wince- OH has a younger sister whos 16,
her friend had a baby last summer when she had just turned
15- she was the tiniest, skinniest looking little thing i had ever seen
she looked so delicate and petite i'd say she was still wearing clothes from
tammy girl and hennes kids- anyway the poor little mite had this skinny frame and this mahoosive big bump all out in front and she had
a 10lb baby girl- i'll never know how she got her out!!

I'm 5ft 2" and weigh about 7 stone 10lb and Gabs was 7lb 2oz at 3 weeks early :D

Thank you everyone! I will be prepared for the possibility of a big baby then!!!!

im 5" (just) size 4 feet.. was size 12 in clothes... and ive been told tameron is very big baby for me. even had a growth scan to confirm it and talking about induction as early as poss after 36 weeks due to his size

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back