24 week ressurance scan - RIP OFF.

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Baby wasn't moving around and being as active as usual, so midwife booked me in for a reasurrance scan.. and to be honest, i know the woman that does the scans is a bit of a cow (excuse my language).

So we go in there, WAIT FOR 1 HOUR AND 15 MINS (and let me tell you, that's not an easy feat with a nearly 3 year old wanting to know why we couldn't go home, and running himself ragged!), then went into another room, got my BP checked and all that good stuff.. everything fine.. another 25 mins later!.. we finally get called into the scan room.

Scan woman asks why i possibly needed a scan, i say reassurance and the other midwife actually offered it to me, i didn't expect one, basically she kind of hummed and hah'd. TURNED THE SCREEN TOTALLY AWAY FROM MY partner and Kade, quickly checked the heartbeat, said 'oh look, babys fine', turned the screen back around and said 'ok, are you reassuared?', didn't wait for an answer got up and started filling in my notes.. now seriously i know the NHS is stretched for appointments etc, but why on earth did i get offered a reassurance scan if they were far too busy or didn't think it was important? some people are just idiots.

I asked her about my appointment for next week at my 25 week checkup (routine if it's baby#2 with a different partner from baby#1) and she basically told me i didn't need it since i had the scan today.. didn't get my stomach felt, urine tested, nothing like that.. and so i'm to make another appointment in 4 weeks.. making me 29, nearly 30 weeks.

I haven't had my urine checked, stomach felt, position of baby, size of baby or ANYTHING like that.. yet at all! seriously, i am beyond angry, fuming, irate, and stupid hormones made me cry.. i had myself all psyched up for this being the last time i saw Logan before he was born, had Kade all psyched up about this being the first and only time he'll see his little brother on ultrasound, wanted to ask a few questions, and basically just make sure my urine etc was okay, and stuff like that.. but no.

To be honest, baby didn't look any bigger than the 20 week scan, well the glimpse i got of him anyway. Bah.

23+6

xx

I can see why your so annoyed, we have had endless problems with our local hospital so we changed and are having our baby elsewhere now!!

Toxic_Angel said:
I would make a complaint hun!!
Hope your okay now. :hug:

Yeah i'm fine now thanks, i think it was just hormones and the fact that i expected so much more from the appointment (that was offered to me by a midwife!) yanno? :)
xx

nazmomi said:
I can see why your so annoyed, we have had endless problems with our local hospital so we changed and are having our baby elsewhere now!!

I'm not having the baby at that hospital because they only accept 'straightforward' births, but still.. :)

xx

I would complain hun as that was not the detailed scan your entitled to :shakehead:
Everyone has a detailed scan at 12 and 22 weeks (differs slightly in different areas).
If she has scanned you properly then she would have justification in what she said.
Demand another one :hug:

Morganuk said:
I would complain hun as that was not the detailed scan your entitled to :shakehead:
Everyone has a detailed scan at 12 and 22 weeks (differs slightly in different areas).
If she has scanned you properly then she would have justification in what she said.
Demand another one :hug:

I've had my dating scan and 20 week scan :) plus 1 at 17 weeks because there is a higher risk of downs, this was just a 'reassurance scan'. :)

xx

She sounds like a horrible old bag!! I would complain about her. why shoudl she be able to get away with being so horrible!!

Glad all is OK with you though! :hug:

kadesmummy said:
So we go in there, WAIT FOR 1 HOUR AND 15 MINS (and let me tell you, that's not an easy feat with a nearly 3 year old wanting to know why we couldn't go home, and running himself ragged!), then went into another room, got my BP checked and all that good stuff.. everything fine.. another 25 mins later!.. we finally get called into the scan room.

I know how you feel, I had to wait 2 and a half hours for scan and consultant appoint at hospital yesterday - my appointment was 10.30am and I got out at 1pm :roll: :shakehead: and there wasn't a toy in sight for a very bored 18month old :roll: Tbh towards the end I didn't care she was running up and down the corridors screaming :)

It's really bad you were made to feel like you were wasting her time :hug:

kadesmummy said:
I've had my dating scan and 20 week scan :) plus 1 at 17 weeks because there is a higher risk of downs, this was just a 'reassurance scan'. :)

xx

That's the point, the midwife booked you in for reassurance, not like you demanded it, do you feel reassured after that?? Probably not! Certainly tell your midwife what happened, i'm sure she won't be very happy with the sonographer herself!

There are far too many miserable people in the NHS, i'm sure their jobs are not easy and high pressured but honestly, how is making someone else feel terrible going to help anybody!

:hug:

if you dont mind me asking .. what hospital was it?

I'd defo put in a complaint hun - you were there to be reassured that your LO was ok, not to be treated as if you were a inconvenience, bloody cheek of her!

Glad LO is ok :hug:

Thats Awful ! does she not realise how important it is to you ! call the midwife and say exactly what happpened !

And hopefully ! she will get a good talking too !

i have had 7 scans ! and alot of them for reassurance ! due to my miscarraige , I never asked for them, they offered and they really helped near the beginning !

id deffo complain hun, she didnt have the right to be so rude :hug:

Sorry to hear this hun I would ring your midwife and ask for an appt to get your poistion felt and urine check etc she was a sonographer not a doctor so it is not her place to tell you whether you need an appt or not :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back