Size 2 vs Variflow teat

Dotty_woman

Reaction score
I'm just trying to introduce one formula feed for my lo in preparation for going back to work. She has taken a bottle before with expressed milk but I was wondering if the size 1 teats are a tad on the slow side for her as it seems to be taking a lot of effort for her to use the slow ones and the second stage ones are aupposed to be suitable from 3 months. Vi is 4 months now. I'm using the Tommy Tippy Closer to nature bottles. I've tried the 2nd stage TT teat but the milk seemed to be just oozing out of her mouth and she seems to be getting a bit stressed. I looked on the TT website and it seems that there are some "Variflow" teats. I think I used the Avent equivalent for one of my boys but wondered if anyone else uses these type of TT teat and whether they have had any problems with them. xxx

My LO went on size 3s a lot earlier than the recommended age as he wasn't finishing his bottles / getting tired. I hated the variflow he basically drowned him self as the hole is just HUGE if they fully open it. No harm in trying tho it just didn't work for us xx

I found variflow huge and they rip very quickly and need to be replaced alllll the time! Don't do it! Xxx

Thanks for he advice ladies. I've had another go with the size 2s and it's going better. Think I'll stick with them for now. xxx

My LO is a week and 3 days, she's already on teat 3, which is for 6 months plus. We had to put her up because she was falling asleep during feeds therefore not getting enough.

Just go with your instinct. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back