Sister In Law

SparkleMagic

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been married to my husband for four years now and we have a 6 month old son, he was born in February.

Ever since coming into his family I have not been very keen on his sister. During the lead up to our wedding, with the preperations etc she lied about a number of things which I found very untrust worthy, my mother in law didn't help matters as she lied alongside her too.

Anyways, during our first year of marriage, we fell pregnant.. It wasn't a planned pregnancy but nonetheless we were happy. Unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage which led me to fall into depression. After coming out of hospital, my in laws came round to see how we were a d to help out with stuff around the house. My sister in law was there and offered to stay the night for moral support and to have girly conversations, to try and take my mind off of it. I was grateful at the time. The morning came, she left and I find out she had asked my husband weren't we using contraception?!?! I found this to be so out of line, especially in our Asian culture.. It wasn't her place or business to ask her older brother that question.

Fast forward a year later, just before her wedding after her hen weekend. I went to see my husband's sister in law and her twin boys. She herself had actually fallen out with the sister as well, so was telling me a few home truths. I found out that the sister had actually messaged her and her husband, saying how she had had a very uncomfortable conversation about contraception with him and how stupid we had been to get ourselves into this suituation and we didn't realise how much having a baby would be. I couldn't believe how too faced she had been. She stayed round to offer support yet said such a horrible thing behind my back!
And to be honest, she has never held back and said really spiteful things In front of me.. And me taking after my dad, I have never said anything back.

Now since the birth of our son, she has only come to see him 3 times in the 6months he's been here. She hardly goes to see the twin boys either, so it comes as no surprise why she doesn't bother with my son.

however, now she keeps messaging me asking if we are free to meet, can they pass round. I really don't want to sound like a bitch but way back in my first of marriage I'd always message her saying, if you're free pop round or would you like to meet up, she'd say I'll get back to you but never did. Now, I really don't want her coming over.

Am I being petty about this, should I just get over it, am I clinging on to what happened in the past too much.. Or do I have a good reason to dislike her so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back