Singulair

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Our doctor really likes this drug. As far as I can tell from internet information pages, it's an anti-asthma drug. Neither my husband, Naomi or I are asthmatic yet she has prescribed up to 6 months of this medication at a time for recurring upper respiratory trouble.

I resisted up to now, but Naomi had three chest/throat/ear infections one after the other and she insisted that this was the only thing that could prevent the recurring "allergic rhinitis". So Naomi is taking a sachet of this stuff at night before bed for the next month.

I don't like medicating her when it's not necessary- and now this morning, only two weeks clear of her last bad cold, she's sneezing and sniffling again even with the Singulair.

Anyone know anything about this stuff? It's supposed to have side effects like irritability, headache and diarrhoea. I wouldn't like Naomi to have a headache that she can't tell me about. She's not asthmatic. Could medicating her like this make her dependent on this drug? The doctor says no but I think that any maintenance dose has to be upped after a while to maintain its efficacy. What do you think?

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back