Silly question but what is a ....

Sunflower

Reaction score
Plug?

Sweep?

New to 3rd tri and keep seeing everyone talk about these and no clue!! I havent read up on birthing yet and start classes on tuesday! so thought I would ask the stupid questions here!! knew you wouldnt mind!!

Sunny x

hi the plug you are referring to is the mucus plug that seals the neck of the womb that comes away before labour starts . the sweep is a cervical sweep where the midwife sweeps a finger around the cervix to seperate it from the membranes around the baby , this release hormones which might start your labour hope this helps xxx

OOO thanks shy emma!!

Was reading all the threads and was completely lost!!

Better get my reading books out and read up - I have been in denial for way too long!!

Sunny x

hey no worries pick my brains all you like even though its been 13 years since my last baby was born i havent forgotten xxxx

I didnt have a clue about any of those things when I 1st joined the forum. Now I'm totally clued up about the last few weeks & labour, so you'll know tons soon just from reading all the posts.

Thanks so much.... am learning quick just reading as you said!!

you will learn sooooo much at your antenatal classes to, make sure you pick up all the leaflets as youll never remember it all :lol:

emmie said:
you will learn sooooo much at your antenatal classes to, make sure you pick up all the leaflets as youll never remember it all :lol:

Depends on the class ours was rubbish 2 x 2 hour sessions which left you with more questions as it was so rushed. Guess all NHS trusts operate differenty so down to where you live I have found the forum much better for answering questions & getting advice :cheer:

emmie said:

I wish I had gone to yours! We only get one session here and it was a complete waste of time. :roll: If it was possible to come away knowing less, I expect I would have done!!!

I also went to a breastfeeding workshop (which made me cross more than anything) but the person giving the talk was a young girl who had no children and just gave us all a dolly to hold! :roll: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back