Silly me!

Blossom

Reaction score
I made the mistake of giving my little one a dummy to get her off to sleep form about three months on.

I seem to have made a huge rod for my own back because she now wakes up about once and hour throughout the night and cries until she has her dummy back. I pop it back in, she goes off and then at some point drifts into conciousness and realises it's not there and starts crying again.

Any tips? she hardly uses it during the day and spits it out if you try to give it to her, but for some reason she can't seem to go through the night without it.

I've considered going cold turkey. I once watched them do it on supernanny and the following night the babies were fine, but they were older babies (18mnths and 3). Amelie is only 7 months. Is she too young for me to take it off her?

I've thought about weaning her off, but I can't figure out a way of doing this, without just depriving her of it.

Hmmm that is a tough one. Maybe try putting her down without it, and waiting as long as you can before giving in? You might get lucky if you do this for a few nights.

Failing that I would say the only other option would be cold turkey :?

Good luck!

i find hannah is the same but if i take it off her as soon as she is asleep she does not cry because she has not got it to loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back