Silly doppler. Or silly me?

Gayle30

Reaction score
I really tried hard to resist getting a doppler....and its a long story as to how I have come about renting one, but it arrived yesterday and as I was at work I had to go collect today on my break.

However, I can't for the life of me hear the baby's heart beat today and its making me feel so sad . Im pretty sure I felt baby move this morning and I know in my heart its just hiding but now I'm wishing I just hadnt bothered!!!

Its a Hi-Baby BT200 Sound. Has anyone else got any tips on how to hear my little person before I drive myself mad.

Any advice is appreciated - though please dont say I told you so Gayle as I have said this to myself already and feel like a wally :(

xxxx

Have you been using gel or oil? It works tons better with it.

Hello gayle, what gestation are you? I'm on tapatalk and can't see if
You have a ticker xx

Hi, I have a doppler and so far its worked well every time, but it came with some ultrasound gel and if I wander onto a bit of my belly without gel it just stops picking up anything. Also try pressing a little harder as sometimes then you pick up a distant heartbeat if the baby's lying somewhere awkward. Does the doppler have a screen to display the BPM so even if you cant hear it you know its picking it up?
xx

It can sometimes take a while to find hb, it all depends on LO's position. Try not to worry, I'm sure LO is fine, you just need a little patient. Sometimes when I couldn't find it, I'd wait a couple of hours and try again and low and behold there it was :) Also try and use quite a bit of gel or oil too x x

You need to use something. I just use moisturiser x

I always find that you need moisturiser or gel... And plenty of it! It also surprises me where baby is actually lying... I always lye flat on my bed with a pillow, and then start to move the Doppler about slowly... I always check to the left hand side and that's where my baby lies, and it's just above my pubic hair line, and then just go from
There. Move quite slowly as it can be faint depending where baby is lying!xx

Lots of gel or moisturiser :) Baby might just be hiding far back, I often think when my tummy is more solid baby must be at the front so just have a good feel before you use it maybe?
I didn't want a doppler as I'd be driving myself insane if I couldn't hear anything x

Thanks everyone. Your all so lovely and helpful.

I came home from work, tried again and nothing. So I decided to jump around like a looney and got really busy with housework and low and behold there it is. Phew. See this is why I didn't want one. Think I'd be better returning it! Too much stress! Have already used half of the large bottle of gel they supplied!

I can only conclude that this baby is a monkey......like its daddy! Haha.

Xxx

Well glad you got there in the end . Hooray for the heartbeat . I am definitely not getting a doppler never ever far too stressful . xx

I'm returning this! Although I've double checked (ok triple checked) and its ok this evening and as I lie down it will kick the insides out of me. Hardly any sleep last night cause of movements! Amazing feeling tho! Xx

6 sleeps till I can quit saying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back