Doppler - Which to buy? *Bought One!*

happy-chick

Reaction score
OK I'm coming up to 15weeks so want to buy a doppler to hear bubas heartbeat if I begin to worry. What ones are recommended?
Ive seen a few people say the HI BEBE BT200 is good, are there any others that are similar quality that will pick up the heartbeat at this stage but maybe slightly cheaper? Cheers x

don't get one. you'll become obsessed and do you REALLY NEEEEEED one :lol:

budge said:
don't get one. you'll become obsessed and do you REALLY NEEEEEED one :lol:

Well I spose I don't neeeeed one :lol: but would like to be able to put my mind at rest if I begin to worry at any stage. Why do you say not to buy one chick?

waste of money. you'll hear the heartbeat at every midwife appontment and you'll feek the baby move loads and so you'l know its still there.

Yeah I suppose I'll feel baby move etc but still wanna have it there incase I panic, can always sell it afterwards :)

Highly recommend Angel Sounds!!

Just donated mine to another forum user (think you saw that post!) but they are fantastic, put my mind at rest on days I couldn't feel any wiggling movements etc.

Nicola said:
Highly recommend Angel Sounds!!

Just donated mine to another forum user (think you saw that post!) but they are fantastic, put my mind at rest on days I couldn't feel any wiggling movements etc.

Yeah saw ur post was gutted I missed it :( hehe!
Wheres the cheapest place for angel sounds one, ebay?

Yeah I think most get them from ebay, they go for around the £15-£25 marker depending on the auction/buy-it-now etc. Gel usually £1 more but worth it as it's specific to ultrasound use. I got mine brand new from ebay for around the £20 marker.

Just bought Hi Bebe BT200 from eBay, we decided to get the one we originally wanted and spend that little bit extra as we can always sell it when we are finished.

I would recommed Angel Sounds. It's fantastic, I heard my son's heartbeat just before 12 weeks, although difficult to find at first. I hear him loud and clear straight away now, and listen almost everyday.

I got mine for £40 new but you can get them a lot cheaper from ebay. xx

Glad you managed to get the one you wanted Jo, happy listening when it arrives, I'm sure over the course of pregnancy it will put your mind at ease so many times...especially once LO starts to wiggle around!!

well done chick! i dont agree that they will make you obsessed..i want a home birth, if i go to the day unit to get fetal monitoring coz theres no movment then each time i go there i get further away from having a home birth as i will be classed as high risk coz i dont trust my body and im to nervy, or the baby might not tollerate home birth, ive got a doppler hi bebe bt 200 and im 12 weks and have found bubs heart beat, and i will use it when im further along if i have depleted movment so i dont need to go to be monitored - i think its lovely to listen in.. helps you to bond with the baby too..

i have the Angel Sounds one... dont use it every day, but has been nice to have it...

i wish i had bought a doppler
would have saved me from going to hospital all the time when i didnt feel baby move

and i think its a lovely sound to hear your LO's heartbeat :)

Don't get the summer pre natal listener from M'care/Argos etc. It's RUBBISH! Even now have only managed to hear baby's heartbeat twice and very faintly! The best thing about it is that you can see the thing moving where baby is kicking the monitor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back