Doppler and weight question

TeeUK

Reaction score
I hired a doppler and hopefully it should be here Monday....however I am worried I won't be able to hear a heart beat as I'm overweight.

Any ladies overweight and use a doppler with no probs?

I could hear my babies from 13 weeks and I am very big so give it a go. Depending where baby is and which way its facing and how low your placenta is etc it can take anything up to 20 weeks for you to hear. Good tip I was told was to listen to your own heartbeat first then you can compare cos babies is faster but you have the placenta and lots of veins etc in your belly so can be confusing at first. Your placenta you will probably hear first its the noise the same as when you are on the phone and its a windy day if that makes sense. lol

Thank you hun......I can't wait to try it! I will let you know when it arrives x

I'm a size 18 and 15 stone and I heard baby's heartbeat on the Doppler at 11+4 weeks. Took me about an hour first time, but now I find it straight away. Make sure u have a full ish bladder as it pushes baby up. U will probably find the placenta first which is a whoshing sounds and ur own heartbeat, if u find the train noise that's baby's heartbeat going :D xx

Thank you Kanga..I'm a size 20! 14st 9lb but only 4ft 11 so I look like a little weeble lol.....most of my weight is on my tummy and boobs!!!

Thank you for mentioning full bladder I wouldn't have thought to do that x

Forgot that Kanga it seems like ages ago now that I had to think of these things. No my Aj is getting so big inside me I can hear him straight away. Full bladder definitely helps and after you have eaten for some reason?? If you struggle another tip is to get on all fours and try then gravity sometimes brings baby closer to the skin.

I'm a size 20 or was!!! Now I have baby in the way I am a bit bigger but luckily I am 5 ft 10 so not as small as you. lol

i agree with the ladies, im a size 22, 20 odd stone last time i bothered to look and almost 6ft and i managed to find babys hb at 15 weeks but thats mostly cos i didnt know what i was looking for and i have anterior placenta which makes it hard to hear and feel baby from the front lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back