• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sicky baby ? reflux??

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello all, I would appreciate your thoughts please.

Logan is now 11 weeks old and for the past 3 weeks he has been very sicky.... He is being breast fed and is feeding every 2-3 hours in the day. He hasn't got a brilliant latch and he does click a bit when feeding but we have tried everything and nothing has helped. (I have been told that he prefers to nipple feed) despite this he has been gaining weight fantastically well 12-14 oz per week, but he keeps being sick. We burp him after every feed and often in the middle of a feed and we normally get some really good burps.. sometimes he is sick straight after a feed( I think this is related to over feeding as my boy is a greedy guts!) But then maybe 20 mins to an hour after he will be sick again.. and thats the pattern really. He will be sick at least once an hour!

Its very thin watery sick with white bits in, which makes me think that it is just from overfeeding as the milk has not started to be digested yet but I am not sure. There is normally quite a bit too... just now he was sick so much it went all over his face and in his eye ( he was lying down!) :?

He is constantly crying with what I assume are coliky pains and he pulls faces like he has a bad taste in his mouth before he cries. I am sure this is acid. Do you think he could have reflux? His weight gain this week has slowed, he puton 4 oz.

What do you think I could do?

Lyndsey

ive not had any experience with reflux, so im no help there, but alice used to get very cholicy, so we gave her infacol. it did the treat!

:hug:

sorry im not of much more help.

Sounds like reflux to me... speak to your HV or doc and get infant gaviscon... should help loads!

yep i would talk to your hv :) as long as hes gaining weight an not losing its normally nothing to worry about :hug:

This sounds exactly like Jacob. We put him on Infant gaviscon (you need a prescription from your doctor) and that has really helped. The only thing is that it is a bit tricky to give when you are breastfeeding as you need to mix it in boiled water and feed it to them on a spoon after a feed. If you were bottle feeding, you can just shove it in the bottle.

We were also advised by the doctor to use Cow and Gate comfort formula for his last feed as it is thicker. I am not sure how you feel about formula? I was worried but since we have put him on it, he has slept through the night so it is obviously soothing his heartburn. I wouldn't go back now!!

My friends baby had this while she breastfed and giving infant gav with cooled boiled water after each feed worked just fine.

theres no need to do it with formula :)

But yes this does sound like reflux.

:hug:

We normally give a bottle in the evening so daddy can put him to bed so we could try the cow and gate comfort......

I will talk to the HV about it and let you all know... thanx for your replies

My little boy's always sick!! When he was a bit younger i asked the HV about reflux and she said as long as he is putting on weight and not loosing it he should be fine. Also she said that reflux is projectle vomitting, such as reaching as far as the other side of the room!!!!!!!!!! I think there's such a thing as "sicky babies". However, i wouldn't like to say as it still is quite possible it could be reflux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back