• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sickness...

buddabun

Reaction score
...can anyone explain to me what it's supposed to feel like? I have a bit of a phobia of vomiting (obviously I will need to get over that sharpish) but I have been experiencing some mild nausea over the last few days (we found out Tues).

It's not overwhelming or sudden surges like when you're drunk/ill but just a general, low-lying baseline level of feeling a bit dodgy, excess saliva etc. Except when I was reading the cravings thread where the thought of all the foods you were describing (although yummy) made me need to stop reading. I've never felt like I need to be sick but it's more like mild motion/travel-sickness, where you feel green around the gills. It also comes and goes but doesn't seem directly related to hunger levels.

Have any of you suffered morning sickness, if so, how does it feel for you?

Sorry, this is all just a bit new for me :lol:

I hun bless ya im not much help as i didnt have this with my 1st pregnancy im pregnant with my 2nd but just to let you know ur not alone...im feeling the same as you......
A few times had to run to the toilet but nothing im thinking maybe if i was ill i might feel a bit better....mines near enough all day everyday but NOT in the morning it starts after iv been up a while.

Ayse xxx

I was like this to begin with and have to say it gradually got worse! I cant get the bus either which is a pain! Im hoping it will subside over the next few weeks now but i have had days where i cant get out of bed as jsut want to throw up (tho i've never actaully been sick) but i do have to rush to the loo and stand over it a lot. You'll find the things that calm it a bit, everyone is different. Dry foods little and often (crisps for me). Smells might get to you a bit soon as well. I can't stand air fresheners or anything too perfumy. You do get used to it but if you're unlucky like me it feels like it's been going on forever! And it starts from the moment i wake up till the moment i go to bed. Sob sob, im sooo looking forward to feeling normal. Oh, and then there's the people that tell you they had sickness the whole way through! That's a great help! LOL xxxx

:hug:

I used to have a thing about sick, and I say used to because you get that used to seeing it when you have children, its just so blazay!

I was more sick towards the end of pregnancy, I just felt very sick in the early weeks.

You will get over it hun, but I know how you feel, I used to feel the same years ago too :hug:

Be positive......I also hate being sick its one of those things I find diffifcult to cope with and am not generally a sicky person at all (more upset stomachs for me :) ).

I was dreading morning sickness and was thrilled when I got to 14 weeks and hadnt been sick once.....I didnt suffer at all, except for the odd few mins of feeling a little yuk. You may be one of the lucky ones!

I've been sick every day since about week 6 or 7, usually in the mornings. It's very different to hangover sickness and usually the amount of sick is very small. As soon as i stand up in the morning it hits me but i think it's better out than in! I always feel most sick if i'm hungry so even though sometimes it is difficult to eat when you feel sick, it does help to eat some dry toast or biscuits. Have food with you at all times!
Good luck, maybe you won't actually be sick.

Hiya,

I have a real bad phobia of vomiting, and I mean really bad its plagued me my whole life :(

However since having my son ive been a thousand times better as ive been exposed to it, but I dont think I will ever be 'cured'!

In my first pregnancy I hardly felt sick at all, maybe a little around week 8/9 in the evenings, but in this pregnancy its been a totally different kettle of fish. Ive felt ill constantly for weeks, some days worse than others, to the stage where I have been urging. It did go off a bit for a couple of weeks but has returned the last day or two with a vengeance.

You will just learn to cope with it if you do get it, for me its my worst nightmare but I say to myself there is nothing I can do, so I just have to get on with it. At least its a sign of a nice, healthy pregnancy, doesnt make you feel better some days though and with a small child I cant even slope off to bed!!!!!!

I hope you dont get it hunny, but if you do you will be ok I promise. Be strong, if a huge phobic like me can battle through it so can you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i've been getting nausea the closest thing i can describe it to is car sickness. not nice :puke:

rusks said:
i've been getting nausea the closest thing i can describe it to is car sickness. not nice :puke:

Thats EXACTLY what its like feels just like travel sickness. Yuk yuk yuk :(

and now I'm sick with worry. Took another PT this morning (one of the line ones) and nothing came up. I thought I could see a faint line but could have been an evap line or my imagination equally. :? now saving up my pee to do another digi

I HATE this!!! I just want a nice thick line. I haven't stopped feeling pregnant. Stupid body.

both of mine came up so faint i thought i was convincing myself something was there! But a faint line is still a line - best thing to do is get a digital early testing one or just a normal early testing one just to make you feel better about it. If not, go to the docs and they could do a blood test? Good luck hunny, xxxxx

I've done two CB digitals and they have both said pregnant.

It must just be a lot earlier than the 4 weeks I think I am. Like I say, my cycle was messed up due to the m/c last month so I have no idea when I ovulated!

Let's hope that the lines aren't getting fainter like I'm imagining and I'm just a slow starter :lol:

I didnt get bad sickness till th last week and its been horrible. constantly sick.. throwing up.. etc.. hoping it vanishes pretty soon as im rough as hell.. but i like it secretly.. reminds me that im pregnant.. which ive had trouble getting excited abotu it.. as im so scared of somthing bad happening.. so.. it reassures me a bit..

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back