Been signed off work

Emma58

Reaction score
I have been to the doctors this morning and he has signed me off work for a week with Sciatica.
Funnily enough this morning i got up and was in no pain until i went to the docs and now after having my leg rived about my leg and bum is aching like mad!

The cold definitely isn't helping it!
Just rang work and they've been OK about it but, I feel really bad being off again.

aw hon - nevermind about work. the important thing is to look after you and LO.

:hug: :hug: xxx

I reckon it's got to be boy causing me all this trouble!
Got my 20 week scan next Friday so i'll find out then if the little imp is a boy!!

Sciatica isn't pleasant! Hope you feel better soon x x x

Babylicious said:
I still think it's a girl :lol:

LOL well its giving me a pain in the bum already!! Just like it's dad

Sciatica is a nerve in you back (i think) that gives you backache and makes the pan travel down your leg. I have been getting pain in my lower back, right bum cheek, thigh and calf and even in my ankle and foot. When the nerve gets aggravated it causes this. The pain I have been getting feels a bit like toothache.

I really feel for you Emma as i had Sciatica not too long ago and i could barely walk properly for ages it took me months to get over it. I think im going to get it again ive started feeling the familar aches and pains again.
I hope you feel better soon did your doc give you some exercises to do.

my dr wont sign me off :evil: just said dont drive as its the worse thing to do, but i explained i drive about 60 - 100 miles a day for work :wall:

bloody nhs annoys me

I didn't want to be signed off but my GP was having none of it. He said I don't need complete rest but work will not be helping it.
Funnily enough yesterday it never bothered me much at all.

I hope it sorts itself out, it isn't nice at all. Your gp can refer you to a physio to get some exercises if it doesn't go by itself.

I haven't had sciatica but I have momentarily trapped a nerve and got the shooting pain down my bum and leg...it hurts!, can't imagine what it must be like having it all the time. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back