Sibling Name

amzywamzy

Reaction score
Hi all!

After some advice regarding a sibling name for our little boy...

We have a nearly 4 year old called Fletcher. We have decided on Archer if we were to have a boy this time (due in October) but when we told my Dad our choice in name (I know, I shouldn't have done it!) he laughed & said we couldn't do that...

I know the names have very similar meanings - would this put you off of using the name for a sibling? I'm pretty much decided on it anyway and have learnt to not tell anyone else our name choice as people are so judgemental... I just wanted some opinions of people that I don't really know - (if that makes sense?!)

Thanks for reading!

X

I don't see that they are overly similar. I used to go to school with a girl called Amy who's brother was called Jamie!! I think they sound really nice together xx

Last edited:
I think its lovely and not too similar. Unless other people can go through childbirth for you then they dont get the right to be negative. They sound beautiful together

It's nobody's business but yours .... the names are lovely xx

The names are lovely, I wouldn't care what other people say tbh. It's your baby not theirs x

Well a Fletcher is someone who makes bows and arrows, whilst an Archer is someone who uses them, they'd make quite a team ;)

I think the fact they have similar meaning makes them go together really nicely! Besides, you can choose whichever name you like, it's nothing to do with anyone else x

I think it works well and as long as you like it ignore everyone else x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back